Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday blessings

My mom finally joined in an activity at her senior living place! She joined in a card game of hand and foot. She and my dad used to play that with friends years ago and enjoyed it. She said she and her partner even won! I was so glad to hear she finally did something fun. Hopefully this will be the start of it and she'll join in more.

We finally got a decent amount of snow
Enough to keep DH busy shoveling and plowing for a couple hours this morning.  I've already made the walk down the road to the mailboxes to mail something for work. It was coming down still. It was a nice walk with the dogs. Our 11 year old lab loves to run in the snow. Our neighbor must have plowed his driveway super early, so his wife could get out for her drive to work. I didn't hear him, while I was sleeping, so that is good. Not that it would have bothered me, but just noticing I didn't hear anything.

Can you see the wind chimes hanging near the post? If you ever want an amazing set of wind chimes, these are the best! They are called "Corinthian Bells" and sound so beautiful. You can google them and listen. Our chimes are one of the larger sized ones. They are pricey (they were a gift to us) but so worth the price, if you like wind chimes.

Enjoy your Monday. I'm so glad I got payroll done on Friday and not having to deal with it first thing this morning, so at least there is that going for a Monday.





8 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy for your mother! I hate wind chimes. I did have a tiny set, tinkly, hanging on my swing, but not where I can hear it sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the tinkly sounding little wind chimes. These ones sound like church bells. It's a very soothing sound they make.

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad to hear that your mom participated in an activity! I have a set of wind chimes that don't chime because they are too heavy! I should probably do something else with them (like maybe donate them! LOL!) I feel cold just looking at that picture of all the snow! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to hear she participated, too. Our wind chimes are big, but they seem to move well in the wind.

      Delete
  3. So glad your mom decided to join an activity. Perhaps this is just the nudge she needed to start enjoying things with the other residents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure hoping so. At least if she'll do something every so often, I'm sure it would help.

      Delete
  4. How pretty that snow is. Don't know when we'll get any but they are crying out for it in the resort! And I'm glad your mom joined in with the card game. I'm sure she won't hesitate from now on!

    ReplyDelete