Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I need a reset

For goodness sake! My work bank just upgraded to a new online banking "platform". Trying to get logged into it is like trying to get into Fort Knox! First off, the instructions they sent us is 4 pages long. Requires 2 app store downloads to your phone (just so I can view from my desktop, and what if I didn't have an iphone?). Plus, each 4 page letter that was supposed to go to each user, with an ID # specific to them, got swapped between me and my boss, so that created confusion, of course. Neither of us can still even get past the final page of instructions, which is supposed to actually get us logged into our bank account from our desktop computers.  Apparently a banking lady is stopping by the office and should be there now, to help my boss figure it out and also give me a call to help me figure it out. So, I'm sitting here waiting for the call as she was supposed to be at the office almost a half hour ago.

I think I just need to start the day over. I can't even enter an email address correctly. I received a call from one of our manufacturer's asking for our w-9. He gave me the email address and I wrote it down. Acctpay@..... My first attempt I typed it out as accountspay@......my second attempt I typed out accountpay@.....third time was the charm (insert eye roll)

It warmed up enough yesterday and last evening we were getting freezing rain.  Then this morning a dusting of snow on top of that. When the dogs went out the laundry room door, it was slip and slide and one dog even fell down trotting out to the yard to do his business. I see it's very lightly snowing right now.

My DD had tried MTurks very very minimally quite awhile back, I think way back when I first started it. But, since she only has evenings it's a bit harder. She asked me the other day if I'm still doing it and I told her yes, with much better success the past few months now that I've learned some "tricks". I emailed her the info. She was able to earn about $3 last evening pretty quickly. She wants to save for a dyson vacuum, which cost about $500 for the one she wants. She did just sell some things on marketplace and got $150 to put towards her savings goal.

Hoping for a better rest of the day LOL

12 comments:

  1. That whole "online banking" business is very confusing & complicated. I don't get it. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's turned a bit overboard. Now, to log into our work banking online, we have to go into our phone app, enter a password, then it gives a 6 digit passcode. Then log in banking website from computer with user id and password and then enter the passcode. Every time. Oh boy.

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love it when banks do this? Then, just when you get it figured out, they'll change it all again. Why not leave things alone?

    I think that is a good goal for your DD. Mturks can be slow when first starting out, but it will pick up for her as she gets more approved HITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's totally frustrating, and now I just realized I can't transfer money between our checking and money market,just from money market to a loan. Oh geez. I told dd once she gets her hit count up, she'll start getting more.

      Delete
  3. Oohhh online banking. Both my Swiss and British accounts use a little calculator thingy to generate a unique one-time code every time I log on. The French is a straightforward account number and code (sounds like I have millions doesn't it - sadly that's not the case). But my biggest bugbear is that at work we used a Swiss-German keyboard and the French keyboard is totally different. So I bought my laptop in Switzerland and selected "Swiss-German" for the keyboard but every time my computer times out I get switched back to a "UK English" keyboard. Talk about confusing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that made my head hurt just reading it LOL.

      Delete
  4. I hate it when I enter an email wrong over and over. It is so easy that I suppose I do not think I don't have to think! I tried once to get back into online banking once I got my new laptop. But, I have to know last two checks I wrote and last something. I gave up and need to get back in. Well, the guy on the phone was rude, so I really do not want to go and try again over the phone. YUCK`

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your online banking thing sounds very complicated. Maybe once you get used to it, it won't be that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It just seems a lot of extra steps and now the log in and password won't save in my computer, so I also have to enter these each time, rather than having them auto fill in

      Delete
  6. Our banks require an account number and a password. Once you enter these they show you your pre-selected picture and they text a one-time pin number. Rather easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what one of the banks my side job does. I don't mind that. I am annoyed that the new one won't at least prefill in the user id as a saved ID, I now have to enter that each time, too

      Delete