Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Catching up after a few days

Blogger/reader T'Pol reminded me I haven't posted since last Friday. The days just got away from me. I've been trying to write this post all morning and keep getting interrupted every few sentences. I really just tried to relax over the weekend, though both DH and I were grumpy and short with each other. The shop living, long extended building process, is wearing, that's for sure.

Saturday morning we went grocery shopping and a stop at Lowe's. Seems like we are always needing supplies there. This time it was more "ram board" to cover up the flooring in certain areas. I also bought the floor cleaning stuff the installer recommended. Bona. I bought a mop kit and solution for laminate and vinyl floors. I also bought a big dust mop.

I had some good savings at the grocery store. The prior trip I earned bonus reward points, which I was able to convert to $17 off this trip. Plus, I'm playing the Monopoly game and got 3 free donuts. I've also won (though haven't turned in yet) a $5 store gift card and enough "tokens" for a $10 store gift card.

I got my mom's tax return done for her. I think it took me a whole 15 minutes, if that.

I haven't been reading much lately. Partly, because I haven't found anything to read that's holding my attention, partly because I've just been watching episodes of Doctor Who on Amazon Prime. It's a nice break to relax to.

DD had a good first business trip last week and no delay's getting home. She has to turn around the last week of this month and do the same week long trip again. Saturday they picked up their new dog. A 5 year old pooch, who seems to be settling in with them, their other dog and cat, just fine.

The painter lady is still working on staining all the trim boards. She actually worked a "full" day yesterday........which means she worked 6 hours, LOL. DH just completely stayed out of the garage/house all day. Didn't go out there once. Her hubby was supposed to be back today to start installing all the trim and doing the shower tiling. Now he's supposed to come tomorrow. We found a local guy (within same budget builder was going to have his finish guy do it for) to do the mason work on our fireplace and around the breakfast bar front. He's getting started today, so that will get done and out of the way. But, for some reason the fireplace did not get installed high enough above the hearth, so he can lay the stone there! Apparently that was the fireplace installer's goof up. He said we could put granite there, as that is thin enough, but I really don't want granite there. So, now the hearth is going to have to be taken apart and re-done (just more money to spend) so we can get some flat type stone on there, before the fireplace. GRRR.

While we were talking to the mason guy, the plumbing guys showed up, to do a little work. The head plumber is a nice guy. He's from Ukraine, or somewhere around there. I like listening to his accent and he likes to say "it's a beautiful thing". LOL. He's here today to install the hot water heaters. My kitchen sink is supposed to get delivered today and the cabinet lady called this morning and they are starting to install cabinets tomorrow.

Well, before I get interrupted again, I'm going to post this.  

8 comments:

  1. I know this is a big headache right now. But, when it's all done you are going to love it. Until then, keep the tylenol and advil handy! :0
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen cabinets and sink? Something tells me you are getting there! I am glad you rested and took it easy. Your DD's business trip reminded me of my first business trip. From Turkey to the US in January 1990. First time ever on a plane, first time ever leaving family and first time ever on a foreign land. Those were the days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the cabinets. Wow, that is a huge first ever trip. DD's been on planes before, but never by herself...but she had her co-worker to wait with at the gates to their flights. They just didn't have seats together and the other lady rented the car, so they rode to the mfg. together from the hotel.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like things are moving along. So exciting that the kitchen cabinets are arriving. That will make the house more real instead of just a bunch of empty rooms. Such a shame about the fireplace. If it was the installers fault they should have to absorb the cost of fixing it. Hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one ever seems to take responsibility for anything wrong. Same thing in our shop, when the plumber cut into electrical wiring and DH had told him there were wires behind that part of the wall. We had to pay the electrician to fix it!

      Delete
  4. I can relate to the dry spell of blogging. There is really nothing for me to write about recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days are like that! I'm not really having a problem with stuff to write about (the house build is never ending! LOL). I just got so busy Monday and all of a sudden 3 days had passed since I last blogged

    ReplyDelete