Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Waiting game

I'm still waiting on the blood test results. I guess I should have asked how long it will take to hear.  I was logged in "mychart" and I see they had received some of my old doctor office test records. Looks like everything from my last physical there, almost 2 years ago. I saw the cholesterol test results. Also two test results I didn't know what they are: AST and ALT. I googled and these are liver tests. Standard to test for? I don't recall my previous doctor mentioning anything about it. But, they were totally normal, so I guess that is a good sign, they were normal a couple years ago. My new bloodwork tests I just had done only show tested for cholesterol and HepC, nothing with those AST or ALT test results.  I'm the type that worries. So, I did more research on Hep C to try and be prepared for the worst. The main medicine for it costs.........$90,000!! I am not kidding. My insurance shows my share for the 3 month treatment would be $195. Crazy.

I'm still waiting on a co-worker to help me out with something. It's been 2 months! We sell a product that we will use in our house construction. I need her help figuring out how much we'd need. I asked her two months ago, figuring I'd give her plenty of time to get to it when she has time, no rush. After a month with no answer, I asked her about it again. She forgot about it. Now she's been telling me for another month she'll get to it in a few days and now another month has gone by. I'm tired of bugging her about it.  Plus, once she gives me how many we'd need, then I still need someone else's help (probably a sales or quotes person) on which type to get, which manufacturer to order from.

So, today I sent my boss an email asking for the favor. I said I was hoping to order and get our company cost (people do it all the time for themselves, family/friends, and customer's personal orders. We're a mfg rep, so we get even below wholesale distributor cost.  I told my boss I had asked co-worker a couple of months ago and I don't want to keep bugging her about it, so does she know of another way/person I can get help with this? Well, of course her reply is this is the co-worker who can get me the answers I need. GAH. I'm so tired of asking her. Boss said it shouldn't be a big job for her to do. And she should also be able to recommend product. Ok......I'll keep bugging her. Sure, I get this is for personal use and not top priority, but other's do this stuff all the time and after 13 years of working there, I think it's my turn to get the favor. And I think 2 months is plenty of time to get this done for me! Plus, I'm the type of person that is going to send her a little thank you gift for her help, ya know?! A Starbucks gift card or something.  My boss emailed me some good info on what she used in their garage for LED lights, so that info does help me a bit.

I made some more rice in my rice cooker today, with more water added. Turned out much better, though I guess I really wasn't that  hungry for rice. I didn't eat much.

Finally got a long unresolved question/issue with  my side job answered today.  Had to do with their 401k and the matching. It was a case of no one person knowing the whole proccess/prodecure, so we thought we were missing a part.  I've been trying to get this answered for months now, so am very relieved to finally have it off my to do list.



4 comments:

  1. Hope you get the info you need quickly after such a long delay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I hate feeling like a pest about stuff. I hope she doesn't do her job like that for our customers. LOL

      Delete
  2. I hope your colleague will get back to you soon. On your test results: Please do not worry before you have to worry :) I know, I am like that too but that is not healthy. I am sure you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but it actually made me feel a bit better to use the worry to get some answers. At least I know I won't go broke, trying to pay for $90,000 medicine. That was more than a relief.

      Delete