Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tuesday this and that

Well, I did indeed scratch the cornea of my eye. Eye doctor said it was healing and no infection, so I just need to use drops for a while. It's still a bit irritated this morning, but not as bad as yesterday or Sunday.  Guess I'll be going to work with no mascara on today - eek! My guess is I probably scratched it with a wash cloth while taking my mascara off, so I'd better avoid rubbing of the eye for a few more days and go mascara free.

About 2 1/2 more weeks of work and then I have 2 weeks off. I am ready and especially like that with all our paid holiday time (3 days at Christmas and 1 1/2 days at New Years) I only have to use 5 1/2 days of my PTO.  On the 18th we close early and have our year end meeting (and bonus checks given out) and then there is a holiday party the rest of the afternoon.

I finally got a 6ft long charging cord for my ipad mini and iphone. So much nicer than the short cord that comes with it. I got it on Amazon for like $7 (deal of the day) and don't know why I waited this long. I use my ipad mini so much, especially sitting on the couch in the evenings and when my battery is low it's almost impossible to use it if it's plugged in with the short cord. I signed up for the Amazon Prime free trial. I did that a couple of years ago (and then cancelled) so assumed I wasn't eligible for that trial again, but it was offered so I took advantage of it. Now, I don't have to use DD's student prime if I want free 2 day shipping and if it's a gift for her, she won't see what it is now. I just have to remember to cancel it in 30 days. I ordered a box of "goodies" that came yesterday. 3 boxes of my vacuum cleaner bag refills, the iphone charger cord, 2 thumb drives (stocking stuffer for DH) and a little strand of battery operated xmas lights. I was to put some ornaments and lights inside my glass cake plate :)

Well, off to put some more eye drops in and then off to work. Have a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment