Thursday, December 3, 2015

All my never ending issues

oh my goodness. This deal with that groups website DS hosts is never ending! Thankfully, way back when all this was set up (he was still in high school and lived at home) my email was also one of the contact emails, so I am getting notifications at least.  This time it was an email from GoDaddy - who has the domain name of one of DS's domains. Why this domain is through a different company, I have no recollection. If I remember correctly, way back when, we ended up buying 2 domain names (to keep his name/website if he ever became famous racer LOL). Both link to his website so you can type in either variation and it gets your there. Well, one of them is was due by Nov 26 (with a 2 week grace period).  But I didn't think it would affect the other 2 domains (his racing domain and that of the group he hosts) if this one wasn't renewed. Apparently I was wrong because I get an email this morning that it expired and may affect any websites associated with it, blah blah. Tried to get on his and the group's website and they were down again. GAHHH!

Oh good grief. So, I called up the GoDaddy phone number in my email, hoping and praying I would easily be able to just pay over the phone - because, just like with the hosting company, I don't have his log in info, etc. The recording asked for me to speak the web name and then asked for a pin#. I just guessed (based on what I thought DS used to use) and apparently that was right! Whew! Then a live person answered, took my credit card # and I paid for 5 years of domain registration. And it was on sale. So all good. I checked a few minutes later and websites running again.  I don't know what more can come up with all this now.  I think that should be it - at least for the next few years. And at least I was able to take care of it before there was an $80 late fee! Every time I think I am done with this issue, something else related to it pops up.

Back to the neighborhoods drug issue:  Today is a hearing for the one of the drug dealers in the nearby neighborhood. His lawyer requested a hearing to reduce bail. So, then Lowlife can afford to get out and go steal some more cars and sell some more drugs, right?! (this is like his 5th time being charged with car theft and drugs, so why isn't he in prison and not the county jail?) So, DH and 3 guys from the other neighborhood are currently sitting in the courtroom this morning waiting for his hearing. Not sure if any of them will get to speak in front of the judge during the hearing, but apparently the prosecutor (will she be there this time?) requested they come. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I can assure you that if they had not gone, bail would have been reduced most certainly.  I think our councilman (or at least his assistant) also plans to be there.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible stomach ache and wasn't sure if I was going to throw up or what. I was like this seriously better not be the flu because I am getting the flu shot tomorrow afternoon! Luckily it only lasted about an hour and I was able to go back to bed/sleep and feel pretty much ok this morning. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope they don't lower his bail. These people just keep on going. So completely ridiculous...

    ReplyDelete