Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Look! only one poke in my arm!

I have a doctor appointment on Friday to get my annual refill of my heart medication and also check my cholesterol. I went in this morning, first thing, to have my blood drawn, after fasting 12 hours. I have always had a terrible time getting blood drawn. I remember even posting about it last year when I went in for my annual checkup.......and Rebekah, a reader (I went back and looked up who told me this), commented that I needed to drink water to keep hydrated and that would help with the blood draw. So....I have remembered that little tip all these months and when I got up this morning I started drinking a bunch of water before I went to the docs office. I just had the best/easiest blood draw I've ever had in my life! So, Rebekah - if you are still reading - THANKS for the tip!  Why can't those blood technicians tell a person that's all they need to do? Could've saved me years of getting poked everywhere (and even having to have blood drawn out of my hand).

For whatever reason our younger black dog has decided to start sleeping with us at night. He has always preferred to sleep out in the living room, either in front of the front door or on the couch. The only thing that has changed in our room is I put on my Christmas duvet cover.  Nothing like rolling over in the middle of the night and finding a big black bushy bushy tail in your face. Yellow lab wasn't too happy about sharing his bed with his brother and he actually left and slept on the couch. LOL.

Here's another example of the ineptitude of the law officials in our county. There is a female drug dealer/user that lives with her boyfriend (in a camper trailer at his dad's property) over in the other nearby neighborhood that is having the same problems as us. She is one of their main problems/dealers. She frequents the main drug house behind us, as well, especially since her BF has been in jail (probably getting out tomorrow). She now hangs out with our neighbor slumlandlords drug addicted son. She got busted a couple of months ago for drugs and is on probation or bail or something, conditions of which include staying away from known drug houses. When DH (and some from the other neighborhood) had a meeting with one of the prosecutors several weeks ago this woman was brought up and DH showed the prosecutor pics and video of this woman at the house behind us, buying drugs at the window. Prosecutor said that's all she needed to go to the judge and have her probation rescinded and throw her back in jail. The guys from the other neighborhood wanted her arrested right away. Prosecutor said, no, just wait. She has a court date on Dec 1st and I'll do it then. So guess what happens yesterday? She shows up for her court date and gets her case delayed (again) until next April - why? because the prosecutor didn't even bother to show up for the hearing! Two hours later she is at the drug house behind us with another guy. They go into the house for awhile, come back out with a big gym bag and head on over back to the other neighborhood, where she lives/deals. Once again, the folks over in the other neighborhood are fit to be tied. When one of the guys from that neighborhood contacted the prosecutor yesterday afternoon to find out what in the hell happened, she said she forgot about the hearing. Then proceeded to tell the guy that she has done a lot for him and us.......is she freaking kidding me?!! No one has been arrested, no one is in jail......a hundred drug deals go on per day - and that's just at the one house behind us. Absolutely nothing has been done to help any of us.

So, that's my week so far. And I still have a headache (which I knew I would) from not being able to eat breakfast until after 8:30 this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Fasting includes not drinking water. You may have screwed up the tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not. That's not in any of the info I researched. This from Quest Diagnostics website:

      What Is Fasting?

      Fasting is when you consume no food or drinks, with the exception of water, for a set period of time. It’s important to drink plenty of water, not just because you’re not eating, but because it’s easier to draw blood from your veins when you’re well hydrated.

      Delete