Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A testimonial

While I attempt to fix my cholesterol and acid reflux health issues, I am happy to report I have fixed my carpal tunnel wrist pain issue! All with this little "toy"



It's called a gyro ball and my chiropractor recommended it. For years I have have off and on wrist/hand pain. If I have to use the mouse or typing a lot, it flares up. I then usually put on a wrist support glove and that usually worked. Only several months ago it stopped helping and my wrist/hand was hurting all the time. I was sleeping with the wrist support on, to try and get some relief.

So, I ordered this little $10 thing. Totally skeptical, of course. It took me over a week just to figure out how to get it to work! I almost gave up. It's a bit tricky to get the hang of pulling the string just right, so the ball inside will start spinning, but once I figured it out, it was a piece of cake. I then used it once or twice a day for a few minutes. Over a 2 week period (might have even been less time) my wrist started feeling better and better and I have not even used this now in a couple of months and realized my wrist pain has pretty much disappeared! Even during the times, for my job, when I have to do a lot of mouse/keyboard work. I usually have a few days a month where I have to do a bunch of data entry into the computer and always had to put my wrist support on. I haven't even had to wear it the past couple of months.

So, if you are having any kind of carpal tunnel problems, I highly recommend this weird little thing!

2 comments:

  1. What do you do with it? Rub it over your wrist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you hold onto it with your hand and the ball inside spins really fast and pretty much rotates your wrist around as you hold onto it. My chiropractor explains that the motion helps lubricate the tendons/bones in the wrist. It's like exercising your wrist.

      Delete