Friday, December 11, 2015

I'm running out of days (and patience)

I just can't seem to get into Christmas shopping this year. I don't know why. Usually I have a list made up of what I want to buy for each person, even a list for stocking stuffer gifts for DD and DH. This year I got nothin. I have picked up a couple of gifts for my mom of the usual that I get her, but then I also get her something else, which changes every year and I have no idea what to get her. I have got DD a couple stocking stuffers and one thing I ordered from Amazon. I have got DH one stocking stuffer. I have no idea what to get him - at all. Usually I am full of ideas. I need to snap out of this bah humbug, but I don't think it's gonna happen this year.

We have discovered that the sheriff has put up surveillance cameras in our neighborhood. One is at the corner of our street and the other is on the corner at the drug house behind us. Little boxes, placed up real high, with a window in them. No other power poles around have these. Apparently they have been there probably at least a month. If so, then they have certainly got more than enough on video of all the traffic to the drug house behind us - especially the last 2 Sundays, where it's been non-stop, 2-3 at a time. The renters at the end of our street have really reduced the traffic, but not really. They just have people accessing their house from the road behind us. It should also be evident to them that the slumlandord next to us is involved - or at least his drug addict son is. He is back and forth between his dad's place and the drug house all day long and cars and those on foot are starting to go to both places, now. A phone conversation DH had last week with slumlandlord, where DH mentioned to him that his son goes in and out of that drug house like he owns the place and slumlandlord says "ya, he thinks he's going to hit a big score selling drugs" WTH!!! DH says - well then kick him out!

What I don't understand from the time the sheriff busted the house behind us a year ago (which ended up pretty much a fail) is why they don't hit it when it's really busy there. That's when there is obviously a lot of drugs in the house and obviously when they could make a lot of arrests. There is only one way (unless you are on foot) in and out of the neighborhood. Come in fast - block off the exits and have some cops stopping anyone trying to leave. 99.9% of them will be druggies. Last year they hit them very early morning, like 5:30am, when that is their most slowest time. Seems logical to hit them when busiest, but what do I know, right?  According the the damn prosecutor we just need to take our problem to civil court. Yes, because buying and selling meth and heroin is a civil matter. Unbelievable.

Well, starting my afternoon off work 1/2 day Friday.  Got errands to run for some things needed for some minor  home repairs.






No comments:

Post a Comment