Saturday, October 4, 2014

The joys of couponing

I went to Target this morning to return some jeans in the wrong size I got for DH last week, and to use some coupons to get a deal on some Nature Made Vitamelts vitamins.  Almost didn't get the deal, due to a very crabby cashier!  I had 2 manufacturer coupons, one was for $3 off (and stated only one per customer, so that's all I had) to use on one bottle and one for $1 off to use on the other bottle. Then I had 2 Target store coupons for $1 off each.  The policy on those, at least in the past, has always been to be able to print out 2 and use them and be able to stack with a manufacturer coupon.

Well, the crabby cashier tells me right off - you can't use these coupons. You can only use one. I said, why not? I have always been able to use a Target store coupon with a manufacturer coupon. And she says "well, I tried one earlier and it didn't work, so you can't". DD says "my mom has been couponing for years....". I was just about to put up an argument with her (since I was in the mood and there was no one behind me to hold up the line) and she says "well, I try them". Sure enough, they all go through no problem.  Then she acts like "well, Target is changing how they do coupons, because people try to double up on them, so don't expect it to work on the future".

I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a clue what she is talking about (I go in that store almost every week and have never seen her checking before) and if she is right, then seriously? It's such a big crime to buy 2 of an item and use coupons on them? Give me a break!  Plus she didn't even greet us hello or say thank you. RUDE!

8 comments:

  1. THAT would have warranted me finding the manager and letting him know about a) her lack of common courtesy (hello/thank you) and also her ignorance about the couponing. If you don't tell them about the bad cashiers, they often don't know. May sound mean, but I'm sick & tired of some of these cashiers acting like THEY are doing ME a favor, when I'm the reason they have a job by shopping there. At the minimum I expect a "hi/hello" and a "thank you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like she is very unhappy at her job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't seen her at cash before, hopefully you won't get her again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating! I stopped shopping at Walgreen's because of the rude cashiers.

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with the first commenter, I think it's so rude when they hand me my receipt & say "here you go" like they expect me to thank them. Never. This is the time you should fill out the survey at the bottom of the receipt & really let them know what you thought of the service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love cranky cashiers. I have dealt with one too many over the years when it came to coupons. People always say Canadians are so friendly and I think "Yeah? Try using coupons!!" Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they act like you are trying to steal from them. Like Anon above said - us liking to shop there on a regular basis is the reason they have jobs!

      Delete