Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Doctor visits

This morning was 2 doctor visits.  One for me to my regular monthly chiropractic visit. Over the past year or so my chiropractor has been trying to add a second doctor. I'm not sure what the issue is, but he's on about his 4th or 5th one! The first was a woman, but she was in 2 days a week and not on the day I always go in (Wed). Then he had a young man for awhile and he treated me once or twice.  I didn't care for him, so I always tried to wait until I could see my own guy. Last month he had an older guy, who I didn't not like at all.  I'm sure it's just me! I have had my same chiropractor for 7 years. I trust him to adjust me.  I just don't like having someone else do it. I hurt for 2 days after the last guy!
So, this morning I go in and see another new guy working there. I don't know why, but for some reason I trusted him right off.  Hopefully, he'll stay for awhile, if I can't have the clinic owner/doctor treat me.  I'm not pushy enough to speak up and say "hey, I only want Doctor N to adjust me!".

Later I went with DH to visit his regular doctor to see what he suggests about the constant nausea DH feels. His guess is that it might be acid reflux, so prescribed something to give a try for a couple weeks and see if that helps.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed this takes care of it. The prescription was one of those $4 ones, so that made me happy.  The prescription is Ranitidine, which I guess is Zantac, which is also available OTC at same strength, but a 30 day supply of a $4 prescription is way cheaper than buying a 30 day supply of Zantac over the counter.

I'm just glad DH was open to giving it a try. He is so anti medications. I won't be thrilled to get the doctor bill for $100 or so for the visit. I still HATE Obamacare........in case anyone was wondering.....


3 comments:

  1. Acid reflux causes me nausea if I start slacking on my pills or eat/drink trigger foods. Hopefully the meds help him. It's an awful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keeping my fingers crossed it helps too! I can't imagine feeling that way almost 24/7, on top of the daily pain he is in too :(

      Delete
  2. I understand the preference of wanting the same chiropractor to do the adjustments on a regular basis. It's a matter of familiarity, which can make it easier to perform the adjustments. It's all a matter of trust and comfort. Although I have to say this - the quality of the service should stay the same regardless of the practitioner. Thanks for sharing!

    Victor Barnes @ Advanced Alternative Medicine Center

    ReplyDelete