Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bugs and such

I've had a stomach bug the past couple of days. I even stayed home from work yesterday, not something I do very often. I woke up at 4am with my stomach churning and feeling awful and when I got up felt nauseous. So, I slept most of the day (when I wasn't in the bathroom) and just took it easy.  Feeling better today, but glad I can do my work from home. I hate being sick, but fortunately I hardly ever am, so guess I was due :/

I'm anxious for the next payday on the 31st. It has an extra day in the pay period, giving me an extra $225 (after taxes). After expenses (that I know about at this time) I should have about $1000 extra. I'm sure other things will come up during the month, but whatever is left should reimburse savings back for the $520 septic pump bill, as well as some to put towards upcoming Christmas present shopping.

I'm currently reading this:

The 8th book in my all time favorite book series. But I'm only halfway through the 800 pages and the book is due back at the library next Tuesday.  I don't think I'm going to be able to finish it before I have to return it. Maybe I'll be able to have a good reading session this weekend. I guess if I can't, I'll have to put it on reserve again, wait my turn, and finish it at a later date.

I'm listening to an audio book called "Fly Away" by Kristin Hannah. It's a good story, but a bit depressing.  In fact, I have it playing on my ipad mini while I sit her at my desk today. I absolutely love that I can now download audio books from the library at any time, and always have something to listen to (mostly in my car).

I'm still watching Downton Abbey on Amazon Instant Video. I just started season 4. Looks like I'll get through this season just in time for season 5 to start on tv.

On the dinner menu for tonight: just a big pan of Stouffer's chicken and cheese enchiladas. DH loves these things and they are pretty tasty and easy to make, though they do take about an hour and a half to cook. Plus, it's about one of the only things he will actually eat leftovers of.  That will be our dinner on Friday night too.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you had bugs--bedbugs, roaches...lol. But, it was a good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was not bed bugs! those always sound so awful to deal with. The kitchen ant problem we had a few years ago was bad enough.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling well enough to blog!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete