Thursday, November 29, 2012

Target trip

DD was at Target the other day buying a sports top to wear to the tennis lessons she started this week. I guess I have her trained good because she actually looked at the catalina coupon that printed out with her receipt and it was a $5 off $50 purchase, so she left it on my desk.  I probably spend that much a month (not counting prescriptions) at Target in household supplies and some groceries, so I got a list together and went shopping yesterday afternoon.

I did get a few good deals combining their sales with Target coupons and manufacturer coupons.  These are my prices after coupons and 5% Red card discount:

Crystal Light On the Go - $1.46 per box
Up and Up Eye Drops - $ .21
Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies - $1.43

I've also really been wanting some Christmas Throw pillows for the couch. I looked last year on clearance after Christmas but didn't find anything. They had their $15 pillows on sale for $12.00.  There were 2 Target coupons I printed. One for buy one get one 50% off a throw pillow and one for $2.00 off a throw pillow. I wasn't sure if I could use both, but I gave it a shot and it worked, so I got both pillows for $16. Since this purchase was what brought me to the $50 I need to spend, with the $5 off coupon and 5% off they really came to $10.45 for both! And they look really cute on my couch.


2 comments:

  1. Great deal on the pillows! Well, your ebay sale of that coffee cup holder probably paid for that trip, huh?!! So it was a "freebie!" What did the auction end at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargain hunting! I just got that coupon as well, but saved it for my mom. She's an avid Target shopper, & I rarely go there (out of the way). I figured that passing it along was smarter than spending $50 to save $5, which I would totally do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete