Sunday, November 18, 2012

Out of sight - out of mind

This is what we want along our property line to define the property line better AND to block our view of the neighbor's junk yard. He also now has a woodpile that is literally almost as tall and big as a small house, covered with blue tarps. Yep,  nice to look at every day.






Ya - that's what we WANT.  But that is not in our budget at all, so this is what we got instead:


We got 25 of them to start with. Hard to tell in the picture but they are about 10-12" high.  Tiny little guys that supposedly will grow up to 3 feet per year. If they are 5-6 feet high in a couple of years we will have a nice screen.  I actually purchased these on Amazon! $60 ($2.40 per tree) but I used $10 in amazon gift card codes I had from Swagbucks, so that covered shipping and a little more. Planting these 5 feet apart got us 75 feet along our property line......only 200 feet more to go!  I'm hoping to have enough in my budget from my paychecks at the end of the month to order some more.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea. I know someone who also did this and their trees have made a huge, thick screen. You'd need a chainsaw to get through it!

    ReplyDelete