Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Tightwad Tuesday

I can't believe it's another Tuesday already!  The sinus's are still kicking my butt, so I'm kind of glad this is a post I can cut and paste from my list - haha!

Here's a few things we all do regarding our hair:

Cheap haircuts for me and Dd at $12 per cut (but I give her $15 with tip).  My mom used to cut my hair for free most of my life and the kids when they were little, but she’s getting a bit too old and shaky hands, so I use her hairdresser now.

Color my hair myself – and buy with sale and coupon.  I keep my hair shoulder length, layered so I can go at least 8 weeks between cuts.  Dd keeps her's long and cuts as needed or when she wants some layers put it.

The guys cut their own hair with a Wahl hair clipper I bought a couple years ago.  This has saved a bundle!  I used to spend $18 x2 every 4-5 weeks for them to run over to Great Clips.  Once Ds started wearing his hair really short we decided to buy some hair clippers and give it a try (Dh was already with short hair - well, more like not much left!).  I did it the first couple of times, but now Ds does his own and his dad's.  I spent about $30 on the clippers and have probably saved close to $1000 in a little over 2 years, so far.  Best investment ever!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great investment! We got some clippers for the hubby about a year ago. He lets me trim his hair every other time, but he still likes to go to a real "stylist". Maybe someday we'll use them 100%. It's not bad though, at least it is a small savings.

    ReplyDelete