Friday, June 25, 2021

Some of this and some of that

I finished that Apple TV miniseries I was watching - Defending Jacob. While it was good, I have to say the ending was very dissatisfying, LOL. I don't like being left hanging, wondering. I like answers, things black and white. (probably why I'm an accountant, haha). And really, what was the point of the writers basically having the mom do what she tried to do at the end, and it not happen. I heard the book was a different ending.

I see this morning that my mortgage lender figured out their mistake of those 2 principal payments. Man...I was gonna retire early if they kept that up! 😆 

I received a big chunk of my Kohl's order delivered last night. The 4 melamine plates (for patio dining). 4 plates in one big box. Who trains these people who decide what box to ship stuff in? The plates are great. Nice looking and lightweight. I also got a big vase thing to put on one corner of our fireplace hearth. I need to find some greenery or grassy type stalks to go inside it. Since I had a 30% off coupon and was trying to get to that next $10 in Kohl's cash reward, I also ordered a box of decaf k-cups coffee. Sometimes later in the day a cup of coffee sounds good, but I can't have more than one cup a day. I tried it last night and it was pretty good, for decaf. Two t-shirts also came. I'm just waiting on one more pair of jeans and 2 pictures/art that I think are coming today. The new duvet cover I ordered on Amazon is supposed to be here tomorrow, but I'd be surprised. This morning it was in like North Dakota, LOL.

I also emailed the office person at that attorney's office, who is revising my mom's will. They had said it would be about 2 weeks (which is this week) so I asked if it would be possible to come in and sign/pick it up next Tuesday, as I will be in town for my mom's Dr appointment. It sounds like that will work out great and she suggested the exact time I was thinking, at 11:30. It's going to be a busy day next Tuesday.

Mrs. Neighbor just texted me to ask if she'd like me to take care of the chickens when we are on vacation. I told her about other neighbor going to do it, but that I would love it if she could do the watering for my patio flowers. I'm sure she won't mind. She loves gardening and it's only just the flowers that are in pots or hanging at both front and back patios. Everything else is either hit by the sprinklers or on a drip line to get water. The ones in front we have one of those coily types of hoses on a long wand and it reaches the hanging pots and everything in pots on the ground easily. For the back she'll just have to fill up a watering bucket from the back spigot by the chicken coop and water with that. It shouldn't take her more than 10 minutes a day.

At least it's finally Friday. Busy work day. Payroll to do and also the monthly state business tax return. Another more complicated payroll as we have 2 out on maternity/paternity leave and two new hires who weren't set up right by my boss, LOL. She always forgets that part when setting up a new employee.

1 comment: