Saturday, June 19, 2021

One good hair day

Our neighbors were having those leaf guard gutters installed yesterday. Dh was chatting with the install guy awhile. Dh decided he doesn't think he'd want those. We'd only need them on the backside of the house, where there are trees dropping needles, but everything that normally falls into the regular gutters (needles, leaves, sand from the roofing material, etc) would then just run off the guards and fall to our patio and lawn and have to always be cleaned up. DH said he would rather just clean out the gutters a couple times a year. Maybe when we get neighbors age, he'll change his mind, LOL.

Awhile back I managed to do a halfway decent job of cutting some layers into my hair. My hair just seems to keep getting curlier and curlier and most days the curl is on the frizzy side. I've tried different conditioners and leave ins, but nothing works very well. All one length just seems to poof and frizz out on the bottom. Especially in the back. In my attempt to look somewhat more presentable, every so often, I've been using the curling iron on it. Much better.

At least now I know I can make it look a little better, when I feel like it, LOL.

I have been eyeing/wanting a pumpkin/cinnamon/rust colored duvet cover for awhile now.  I can't remember where I saw a picture of bedding with that color on it now, but I fell in love with it and have been looking for something similar since. I almost bought one that was like $200 - just for the dang duvet cover, but I'm like no, I can find something very similar for much less. I found quite a few that color on Amazon and good prices, but the material wasn't what I really wanted. I didn't want jersey knit or anything that was kind of a smooth satin look. I wanted more the "stone washed" "linen" "rumpled" look of cotton. I found one for $102 for king sized. They were also offering 10% off plus I had a $3 gift card code to use from my Verizon UP rewards, so I ordered it. Bedding ALWAYS looks better in the pictures then it ever has looked on my bed....and I'm sure I'll even be disappointed a bit with this one. But, I also only ever spent like $30-40 on my duvet covers in the past, so maybe this bump up in price will be something a little better quality. What I really need to do is get 3 matching pillow cases, LOL. We both use standard size pillow, but dh uses 2, so there 3 that go across the bed and his 2 have different pillow case than mine. Once I get this new duvet cover I'll see what color pillow cases I want and get some that are all the same.

Heading out in an a hour to go see my mom, pick her up and we'll go to Target, then back to her apartment until it's time for her lunch and then I'll go pick up (hopefully!) my grocery order.

10 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great. Nice.
    Very pretty. How the hell did you cut the layers in the back??! My hair is about your length but all one length. I would love layers but I'm afraid. lol I wouldn't attempt to cut my own. No way Jose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I watched a couple youtube videos LOL. Over the past couple years I let mine grow all one length and I really didn't like it and just kept putting it back in a pony tail. The first time I tried cutting in the layers I didn't get much in there as I was too afraid to cut much. I got braver this last time. Basically I parted my hair in the middle in the back and put one side in a hair tie while working on one side. Pull straight out the the side and cut straight up and down. That way, when it lays down the top is shorter than the bottom of the piece you cut and it's layered.

      Delete
  2. Your hair is stunning! Very pretty! I cut layers in my hair and did a good job, but I need to cut it again. what color was your hair before it went gray. Mine went from dark to snow white and I hate the snow white a lot. So, I color. Can't wait to see your new bedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my hair was a light brown originally, though I started going white in my mid 20's so it really lightened up over the years. As it got lighter, I started dying it blonde in my 30's and 40's. Then about 6 years ago I gave up, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty hair. I get the bedding search. I made the mistake of buying, while very comfortable, a deep, 21" mattress for our king sized bed. I can only stand white, 100% cotton bedding, and there is only one maker I have found that fits, so I am *always* keeping an eye on the sites which sell it for sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I was going to say I don't think I've ever come across sheets and bedding for 21" mattress.

      Delete
  4. Your hair is lovely. I just love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave to do yourself, but hair grows and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've always thought. I'll grow (and still seems to grow pretty fast) and there's always a pony tail, LOL.

      Delete