Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A little of this and a little of that

Our neighbors have been pretty quiet, thankfully. He's done some metal cutting (or at least that's what it sounds like) a couple of times around 8 or 9pm, but it didn't last long. The first time he did it the other day it was so loud (of course it was like 8pm), we were like "what the heck was that noise?!" It was so loud it was echoing off the two houses across the field from us and at first we thought it was coming from there. But, no, guy was in his garage, with the garage door closed cutting metal. I can only imagine how loud it must have been inside there and their attached house!  We've come to the conclusion that the guy must be cheating on his wife. Ever since she started working nights (she usually leaves about 8:30pm and gets back sometime the next morning, or sometimes is gone 2 days) some young woman shows up within 15 minutes or so of her leaving. Every time. She's always gone before wife gets back. We have never seen her car there when wife is there..........And the same time wife started working nights, he suddenly no longer is going to his "night job" he's had all this time up until then. They should also be gone all weekend coming up - some big weekend mud truck race in nearby town. Their two little one's are still gone - starting on the 4th week now. So strange. At least that is to me. I couldn't imagine not having my 3 and 5 year old for that long! Maybe they are visiting them, wherever they are, but I highly doubt the guy is. He never pays one minute of attention to them when they were here. Sad.

My book club meeting for this month got cancelled. I guess not enough interest, people busy with summer vacation, family visiting and stuff. I wasn't going to go to this one anyway. I tried to start the book and just couldn't get into it. I just finished One Second After, that was recommended by one of my blog readers (sorry, can't recall who it was now!). I put in on my library e-book reserve list weeks and weeks ago and finally it came through on Sunday, as well as the second book, which I'm now reading. Good books and good food for thought, for sure, especially in this crazy times we live in.

We had mild cool temps all weekend but now it's back to 90. We might have to break down and get an air conditioner for the house. DH just can't take the heat very well. I don't think we'll be able to get a window type, as all our windows open sideways, instead of up and down. At least starting tomorrow it's back in the low to mid 70's for the rest of the week.

I need to get DH a doctor appt somewhere here local (not like we have lots of choices) so he can get his cholesterol med refilled. But, of course, now that I need to find one on the health insurance provider finder website, it appears to be down. Nothing will come up - even if I put in zip code of the big city nearby. I'll try again later, I guess.  There's a doctors office, with a few doctors/PA's,  just one block over from us and I'm pretty sure I looked up to see if they were on the provider list when I got DH the insurance, but I can't remember now.

I just took 3 days of PTO, but realize I need to be taking some more days off, as I've currently got 215 hours built up - like over 5 weeks! We are getting the 3rd and 4th of July off as holiday. I think I'll just take the rest of that week off and use up another 3 days that way. I'll see if I can get a vet appointment for our younger dog, who is due in for shots and an annual checkup. Our property neighbors gave me a referral to a vet in the city (there is not one vet in our whole county!) so I'll try them.

Still hanging on by a thread if we will meet our sales goal by the 30th of this month, to get our mid year bonus. But, it appears our commission percentage went up another point. That is huge and if holds up at that all year long, is yet another million dollars to the company. Anxiously waiting out these last 10 days to see if we can make it.

2 comments:

  1. Night job! LOL At least you have relative peace. Maybe they lost custody of their children. Not one vet in the county? That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there used to be vet years ago, but lots of businesses and services went away when the logging mills all got shut down. Kinda turning into a bit of a ghost town, compared to what it was say 20 years ago. I guess there used to be like 3 grocery stores, even a car dealership. I'm guessing the neighbors maybe got a chance to dump their kids on a relative for the summer and took it! Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case - they hardly paid attention to them anyway

      Delete