Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pretties!

We have been busy the past 2 days! The block wall in the back yard is finished and only took about half a day yesterday and that included going to Home Depot twice to load them up in the back of our old SUV






DD and I went flower shopping after dinner last night and I spent this morning planting. I'm so happy to have my window boxes painted and back up this year.


\




And the whiskey barrels





Can't wait until they are all in full bloom!  I didn't even realize one of the dogs was in the picture when I took it. I think we are going to buy a couple more barrels for some other areas of the yard and at each end of the block wall we are going to plant a lilac bush, so I as soon as DD gets home from work we are off to the garden center.  The local hardware store has a coupon for 25% off all perennials.  My budget for the flowers was $75, but so far I have only spent $42 The lady at the store was in such a hurry to check me through (she even had someone helping her with all my little packs of flowers), that after I looked at my receipt (to make she she didn't over charge me) I realized she didn't charge me for like 4 of the flower packs! She was being kind of rude (hey, not my fault they didn't have someone at the register in the garden dept) so I didn't bother to go tell her I owed her another $10 or so......oh well.

At the store last night I really liked this pretty blue ceramic bird bath.....(DH loves anything blue) that I'm thinking of going back and getting that for his birthday/Father's day gift. I think it was on sale for $49. I had already picked him up a hat, but I think I'll see if DS wants to give him that (he had already tried to look for one to give him a few weeks ago, just because he knew DH wanted one). There's a old bird bath mixed in with the first picture of the barrel, but the actual bath part got broken several years ago when the kids accidently hit it with a basketball. Now it just looks like a cute squirrel on top of a the base of a tree looking down at nothing instead of looking into the bath!

Ok, I shouldn't have sat down to write this......now all my energy is draining and there is still LOTs of day left.

2 comments:

  1. It all looks beautiful! Haven't even started planting my flowers yet - hopefully tomorrow if it doesn't rain. And too bad for the cashier. I'm like you, if they are rude then too bad so sad!

    ReplyDelete