Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A shake up

I had my first dentist appointment yesterday to put the crown on my tooth (yes - I am still working on this same tooth!). It was at 9am and late Friday afternoon I got notice that I needed to be at the office by 11:30 am Monday for an all company meeting. I figured even if my appt went and  hour and a half I'd be there in time, no problem. Well, my appointment was 2 hours long! I called my boss as I was leaving the dentist office, as even in mid day light traffic it's still a 45 minute drive. She said no problem - they were probably starting the meeting a little late anyway.

I get there at 11:45 and it's already started and as I'm walking in the meeting room to find a seat someone is asking something very strange about one of of the 3 owners and I'm thinking to myself "what the hell are they talking about?". Then one of the owner's replies, that they all just wish him well in whatever he decides to do.  So, I sit there through the rest of the meeting wondering what I missed! As soon as it was over my boss and I went into her office and she told me the big news. One of the company owner's has essentially been given the boot by the other 2 and will no longer be with the company. Quite the surprise! I'm sure there will be long legal wrangling as the buyout of his portion happens, but all in all I'm really not too upset about it. While he was a very nice guy, he was just very hard to work with and since he was the owner who had the job of dealing with the financial end of the business, my boss and I dealt with him the most compared with the other 2 owners. Let's just say there isn't a calm bone in his body, so it was always kind of exhausting working with him.

The other news is that our profit sharing of 3.4% of salary is being funded again this year and we have already met our mid year sales goals, so 5% of our annual salary will be in the form of a bonus on the next paycheck! Wooo!  $3300 - thank you very much! (too bad a 1/3 of it is withheld for taxes).

A little news on DS's job hopes with the big company. Not sure if I mentioned last week that during an unrelated to the job email DH had with the GM of the division he said "don't worry - we'll get him a job" and yesterday DS got an email from the department manager saying "he's in the pipeline for a job - it's just a slow process".  So, guess we just have to have more patience that this will all work out, eventually!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the bonus! That's definitely awesome news! And hope DS hears back a definite answer. It's been a long time coming, one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good shake up at work, at least from your standpoint.
    Bonus $ is always a good thing.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that sure sounds like good news! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your bonus! Since you met it so early, will they maybe increase it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ND Chic - well we only met the goal a few weeks early, so I doubt it at this point. Maybe at year end if we end up way over, would be nice. They did mention at our year end meeting last year that if we met our goals in 2013 they would put it back to 20% bonus (as it was before 2009) for 2014.

    ReplyDelete