Saturday, June 15, 2013

Target deals

A couple of weeks ago I purchased something at Target (I can't remember what it was now) that gave me a $5 Target gift card. It is so tempting to turn around and just use it for a treat at the Starbucks inside the store - especially when DD is with me! But, I tucked it in my purse to keep towards reducing a future needed purchase.

I made a shopping trip there yesterday and was able to roll the gift card into a purchase that gave me another $5 gift card. Kitty eats Purina One cat food and Target has a deal of buy 2 7lb bags and get a $5 Target gift card.  I also had a Target coupon for $5 off 2 Purina items.

2 @ 11.99 ea - $23.98
-$5/2 coupon
-$5 gift card
= $13.98
and received another $5 gift card

I had intended to also purchase a bottle of the Miralax DH needs, but saw that they were also offering a buy 2 get a $5 gift card on this too. I had only brought my coupons for one bottle, so decided I will wait and go back today with coupons for both and also pay towards the total using the $5 card I got yesterday

2 @ 16.99 each (30 day supply, sale price)
- (2) $3 mfg coupons
-(2) $2 Target coupons (love stacking coupons!)
-$5 gift card
= $18.98 for 2
and receive another $5 gift card.

Gotta keep trying to roll that gift card!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Starbucks is its own entity within the store, and the target card won't work there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does work there - we have used them several times - and can even pay with our Target Red Debit cards :-)

      Delete
  2. Well that is good to know! Our Target has a Starbucks too & never would have thought I could use Target cards there. They should have a sign right in front stating that :)

    ReplyDelete