Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Making the bed

Why are duvet covers so expensive??  My boss gave me a $100 Visa gift card as a Christmas gift (so nice!) and I want to use it on a duvet cover - but not the whole dang $100! Geez. The cheapest I found at stores like Target, Kohl's or Bed Bath and Beyond is $90. I found one I liked online at Walmart for only $25....but they are out of stock in King size.  I don't want anything crazy expensive, just something I can put over the new comforter I bought myself on Black Friday and easily take off to machine wash off the dog hair and drool.

I was hoping to spend about $50 on a duvet cover and the remaining $50 on a new sheet set. I did find one on Amazon for $34 plus $6 shipping. It's received good reviews and is a beige color.  The dog who lives on our bed is light colored, so I think that would probably be the best color. Our bed is a dark cherrywood. I just ordered it and that leaves me with $60 for sheet set. I think I'll go with a dark brown color. Hopefully, I can find a decent set of sheets for that price at Target or Walmart.


8 comments:

  1. That's a nice Christmas gift from your boss! :) Hope you find a nice sheet set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother found some nice flannel sheets for the kids and me for Christmas at Target. So far they have held up well.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macy's has some really good prices on high thread count sheets right now. You might want to check them out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. January is supposed to be the month for white sales ... so maybe you'll find something this month? Have you looked at overstock.com? They have nice bedding there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Macy's - YES! Check them out! I picked up a few sets of 650 thread count King sheet sets on Black Friday for $49.99 per set. They are wonderful! I've found that just about anything on a King size bed is pricey. But today at the annual Dillard's Sale (additional 50% off all sale items) I picked up a great quilt, bedskirt, pillows (4) and shams for under $100 for the king bed in our guest room. I was thrilled! Now I just have to get the hubby to put up some bead board & trim so I can really jazz it up in there! He doesn't know it's another project added to the list!! ha ha Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will check out Macy's - thanks for the tips everyone. J udy - I think flannel sheets would just be way to warm for us, but they sure always look soft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ikea has duvet covers for $29

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I could find on Ikea's website they do not make King size. I looked awhile back and was bummed they don't have that size as the prices were so good and they had such a big selection.

      Delete