Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sweet Dreams!

Ahhh! That was the sound of me under my new sheets and down (alternative type) comforter last night. I'm usually always cold and sleep in flannel pj bottoms. But, right off I was too warm, so I took them off, thinking I'd have to put them on during the night when it got colder. Especially when I'd move my legs and the new spot would be cold......Nope! it was warm wherever I moved to. So nice!

I'm not 100% in love with the duvet cover, but for $40 what can you expect. It will do the job. The new sheet set I do love. When we were at Target over the weekend I had picked out a set that was $59, but it was kind of a strange brown color. By the time I was waiting in line to pay for it and my other items, I changed my mind and didn't buy them. We had to go to Target yesterday to get one of DH's prescriptions and then we were going to Walmart to look at sheets. Kohl's was not an option as they were still having their buy one get one for $1 sale, and that was out of my budget as the cheapest set was like $90 or more. While we were waiting for the prescription we walked around and I decided to look at their sheets one more time - maybe I missed one the other day that would be a color brown I'd like. This week all the sheets were on sale! I did see a set I missed before - 400 thread count - on sale for $50.99 (reg. $59.99). I had $60.01 left on my Visa gift card so I had enough to also purchase the swiffer floor duster we've been wanting for DD's new bedroom floor.

The sheets are awesome. The fitted sheet has elastic all around and the corners are extra refinforced - and there are little "side" labels sewn in so you know which way the sheets fit on - which is always a pain with King size.  I've never had sheets like that - LOL!.

The duvet cover is a cream color and I took a dark brown blanket I already had and folded it across the bottom of the bed for some color and to match the brown shams. I'm going to see if they sell some standard pillow cases in the same sheets to put on our regular pillows so they match the rest, too.  All in all I got new sheets, comforter and duvet for about $125. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

5 comments:

  1. I'm usually cold at night too :) I'm glad you found something that works for you and was in your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up with a toe in a hole of my sheet -- think it's time for some new ones for me too? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happened to the set I had before! I've been using a really old set (blue and white stripes! ugh!) that aren't very soft feeling at all for the past 2-3 months. Glad to finally have some new ones :-)

      Delete
  3. Love new sheets & blankets... there's nothing better! lol!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete