Monday, August 5, 2019

Yard talk

Yesterday, Dh worked out in the front "yard" all day. We had some rock (1-3 inch approx sized) delivered on Saturday that is to be used in the landscaping areas. Eventually there will be some plants here and there. It was from a nearby little rock quarry a guy has on his property and very reasonably priced. Though, now getting it shoveled into the wheel barrow and spread out to the various areas is going to take DH forever and is laborious work. He wanted to take his little dump trailer over there and have them load that and then he could place some of the piles of it a little easier around where he needed, but the guy wanted to load/deliver it in his dump truck. And for some reason Dh is so worried about offending anyone around here by saying what he wants (and is paying for!) that he just let the guy deliver it, so then it had to be dumped in a big pile, farther away.  He spent all afternoon trying to get a drain pipe dug/pushed through under our front walkway patio, so he can add a sprinkler system to each side. He's kicking himself for not just being smart and having the stupid pvc pipe layed BEFORE they poured the concrete! Plus, it was like 90 degrees out. It doesn't look like we are going to see any relief from the 90's until next weekend.

We've just had a couple of our older lawn chairs out on the front patio, for when we want to sit there. They are the kind with the webbing. Brown frame and tan webbing. Nothing fancy, but figured we'd use them up. And we did. Both of them finally broke at almost the same time last week, LOL. I'm just ordering something similar from Amazon, but I think they look a little nicer since the seating part is solid pieces and not webbing.
They are $60 for the pair, but I had earned $30 from M-Turks so I transferred that to my Amazon payments and paid for half of it that way. I'd also like to find a little table to put in between them, but that can wait. We need patio furniture in the back, too, but now I'll probably just wait until next spring/summer. We do have an old 2-seater wood seat, with cushions in the back, so we do have something to sit on, for now at least. I'd like to get a table and 4 chairs for in front of the dining room doors and a couple of chaise lounge chairs for in front of our bedroom patio doors. Patio furniture is expensive!

No activity last night on the game camera dh put up. We'll leave it out there a few day or so and see. Hopefully, whatever had come through Saturday night, was just passing on through, haha.

14 comments:

  1. Hey, on the bright side, the rocks will keep your hubby busy for a while! Men, ugh! Mine can be the very same way. Lol

    I like your chairs and have almost the exact same ones. Mine don't curve on the top, but the colors and material look to be the same. I bought 4 on clearance when Shopko was going out of business. You got a good price because my (so-called) clearance price was still $25/each. I bought them mostly for the waterfront and they are also easy to throw in the trunk if we need to take a chair along with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some similar ones, that were cheaper, but then I realized they were stackable, not foldable, and for winter storage purposes, I'd prefer the folding type. These rocks will keep DH busy the rest of summer, I'm afraid, LOL.

      Delete
    2. Buy webbing and he can stay busy all winter rewebbing/reweaving the chairs. I hate to throw away those frames. I bought $50 chairs from Lowe's for $12.50. They don't fold, but that is okay for my situation. However, I do have one folding chair. Moving rock is a very hard job. I have that second hand because I have never moved gravel.

      Delete
  2. Did you know you can buy webbing rolls on-line & re-do them yourselves? My hubby just did 2 of ours. They are the super light-weight frames - which you can't find anymore - or else they're unbelievable expensive! These are the old-school frames. He rewebbed them & they look great! So easy to throw in the car for concerts, picnics, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check into that and see how these attach

      Delete
    2. The webbibg comes with new "plugs" to attach webbing.

      Delete
  3. I like your new chairs! You got a very good deal on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to check out the prices of furniture for the back at the very end of the season, when things have been massively clearanced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking, but nothing discounted too much, or very little left. I keep hoping I come across a great deal!

      Delete
  5. I bought a $100 hanging porch chair for my daughter at Walmart last week for $19. Everything they had left was drastically reduced like that. Might want to check Walmart, or Walmart.com.
    Oh, and my back aches just thinking about moving gravel. We had a big load delivered last year for our driveway, and the circle drive. The guy was nice and tried to dump it as spread out as he could, but it was still a lot of work for dh and I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking at Walmart online and Lowe's. His back is hurting!

      Delete
  6. Patio furniture is very expensive. However, they are usually heavily discounted at the end of the season. I would rather look them up before next spring. They are at a premium in the spring. Your husband must have not only lost a ton of weight but also built a lot of muscle and endurance. Tell him to take it a bit easier during such hot weather please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, even if not super discounted, it's still probably cheaper now than Spring. I guess I just have so many other things I really need to buy, that seem more important than patio furniture, LOL, that unless it's a super deal, I just don't want to spend the money on it right now :(

      Delete