Friday, January 13, 2017

TGIF

TGIF! and it's a 3 day weekend :)  My bonus check is still not resolved. I'm sure they are busy today putting out other fires. This payroll company just got bought out a couple months ago by another (larger) payroll company (but same people/office are taking care of our payrolls) and this paycheck was the first using the new company's payroll system. Everyone appears to have gotten paid (all direct deposit) but no one's paystub has been loaded online yet so people can actually see the detail. As an admin I can't see anything yet either. The only issue appears to be one of the owner's at my side job company - his check was like half what it is supposed to be and we don't know why yet.

This evening we have been invited to dinner at our friends that live about half hour away. It's the wife's birthday and her DH is inviting her mom and a few people for a birthday dinner. Since the city is about a 15 minute drive farther than their house, we are going to leave a little early from home and run into Target and stock up on a few things I am almost out of. One being DH's razor refills. I just couldn't spent $28 at the little grocery store in town for 8 razors! LOL.

Plus I need to pick up a little something for the birthday lady. I'd just like to get her some flowers, so will probably have to make an additional stop at a grocery store, as I'm pretty sure Target doesn't carry any fresh flowers. There certainly isn't anything in town here at the grocery store to get her, unless I wanted to get her a bottle of wine. I'm just super excited not to have to make dinner tonight, I need a break!

I started watching This Is Us, via on Demand, (the only way I can seem to get Dish on Demand is through my ipad mini) last night. I think I was hooked within the first 5 minutes and the end of the first episode was a neat little surprising twist. So, that's probably what I'll be doing most of this weekend, binge watching all the episodes that have aired so far.

3 comments:

  1. This is Us is such a good show. Loved the twist at the end of the first episode. We were hooked right away. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That payroll issue sounds like such a mess, I hope it is resolved soon.

    I heard This Is Us is supposed to be a terrific show and I can't wait to get a chance to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good show! This is Us will be around for a long time. :)

    Enjoy your dinner out!
    R

    ReplyDelete