Monday, April 25, 2016

A bit of a delay today

The realtor and photographer were supposed to be here at 1pm. It's been raining the past few days and the grass has been growing like crazy and today was the first day DH could mow it, though it's still pretty wet. Took him a lot longer to sweep up wet clippings....then the realtor calls and says the photographer had the appt as 4:30, so now they aren't coming until then.  It wasn't supposed to rain today, but now it says rain at 4pm....but it keeps changing every half hour or so. Now the sun is out again.

I don't think I can get my house much cleaner, but yet I still walk around and see stuff to clean or straighten up or move to a different spot. I'm sure it will look fine in pictures. Would it pass some OCD white glove test? Nope, but it's dusted, vacuumed, mopped, etc. Yesterday I finished filling in a few flower pots at the back french doors, so all that is done. I had two pots on each side of the door and a hanging pot from the small covered area.

I worked from home today, thinking I'd need to be here at 1pm. Oh well, gave me a little more time to straighten up this morning. Mostly I just put things in drawers (I have a dresser of empty drawers in DD's bedroom) that seemed cluttery around the house. - mostly from my office/desk - hah! I'm not a neat worker.

Our garbage can outside is completely full, because DH has been getting rid of stuff as he goes through the shop and shed. My inside, under the kitchen sink, garbage is full, so instead of throwing out our leftover meatloaf dinner from last last (because when I save it we never eat it) making it fit in the garbage and having it smell today, I wrapped it up and put it in the fridge. I just made DH and I some nice cold meatloaf sandwiches :) I also pulled out and finished up some leftover sliced watermelon. I have a feeling when we live in our new home we will eat more leftovers, because it won't be convenient to run to the store whenever I feel like it. There is a small grocery (and hardware combined!) store in town about 10 miles from where our home will be, but the main shopping (like Target and Walmart) will be a 40 min drive away. My plan is to make that trip every 2 weeks, on the days I only work half day Fridays. I'll have to get good at stocking up for 2 weeks or more. Good thing I'll have a nice big pantry.

Guess I'd better get used to having this place look spotless, as much as possible. Gosh I hope it sells quick, just for that reason LOL. It might get old trying to be that clean and neat after a couple of months :/ I guess it'll be really good practice for when we have our nice new house. I'll be in the routine of daily ocd cleaning by then, right? ;)


1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a quick sale as well! I hated having to keep our house so spotless when it was for sale -it's a pain in the backside for sure!

    ReplyDelete