Friday, September 11, 2015

A mini getaway

I only have to work a half day today (fabulous employer perk!) so DD and I are going to head up to her new apartment around noon. Move some more things in and do some decorating. Like she said, decorating is not a boyfriend activity, LOL. We will just stay overnight tonight and do some things in the morning and head back for home around noon.  It will be a nice little break. It will also be nice that I will no longer have to get a hotel room to go visit her! I think I went up and stayed 3 or 4 times last year, so at least $100 for hotel/taxes on it and eating out, each trip.

One of the things on our list is to see if we can find a futon couch for her living room. When she is done with school I will then use the futon in my office/bedroom. I found one at Walmart that I like and it appears they have it in stock at the Walmart in her college town. Now we just have to figure out if we can get it in my small crossover SUV (we always seem to get everything in there!) and then figure out how to get it up the stairs and into her apartment! I am hoping some strong guy will be walking by just at that time :)  I still have that $200 Visa gift card from my side job employer and having been holding onto it for this. She also wants a valance for the kitchen window and I received a $10 off $10 JCPenney coupon and maybe we can find her something there for cheap.

The washer and dryer was supposed to be put in her unit during this week. We also need to work on getting her internet hooked up, which will probably be our first stop when we get into town. It looks like she can get on a no-contract deal for $30 a month. She isn't getting cable or a land line. She might get a tv, just so she can stream Netflix, instead of watching it on her small laptop, but she will wait and see on that.

She's been applying for part time jobs on or near campus. She finally got a call on one yesterday and the guy did a phone interview. It's for an assistant tennis coach (just for fall season) for a kids program. She didn't feel like the interview went very well - but as I told her - some people are just really crappy interviewers! But at least she finally got a call on one of her applications and got some interview experience out of it.

While I am working this morning, I will send her to get the weekly grocery shopping done, so that I don't have to do it on Sunday. DH is going with our good neighbor this morning to look at some carports and wants us to wait until he gets back to leave, so that we don't leave the house free for the thieves/druggies.

The other day DD and I were in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner and I said "ok, so I just have to ask.....how does your BF's family even find anything in their home or even make meals in the kitchen?" She just rolled her eyes and said "it drives me nuts, it drives BF nuts. He assures me that when we have our own place it will be very tidy" LOL.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny about the cleaning of the house. The apartment sounds like it is going to be very nice and I know you will enjoy those trips much more.

    ReplyDelete