Friday, September 13, 2013

Shaving off a few dollars

One thing I absolutely HATE purchasing are razor blades! Of course I always buy them, but I cringe and moan and groan every time I have to spend over $17 for 5 stinking blades for DH's razor. They usually have a 5 pack and a 10 pack and I can never get myself to fork over for a 10 pack - even though I know in the long run it's a bit cheaper and of course they will be used (he's been shaving for 30+ years now, LOL).  The past few shopping trips at Costco I noticed they have a 24 pack of the Gillette Mach3 razors for $49.99.  DH needs razors again and I finally did the math:  Costco's work out to $2.08 ea razor and Target works out to $3.47 ea razor.  So, I finally bit the bullet and shelled out $49.99 for the Costco pack.  If I had bought that many at Target (over my usual purchases of a 5-pack each time) I would have spent $83.28 -so a $33.36 over all savings........and I shouldn't have to buy razors for a really really long time.....

4 comments:

  1. I have buying razors also. They are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, they will last him for a while :) I swear, my husband always runs out of his razors at the wrong time (for our budget)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always do the math before deciding what size pack of anything to purchase. The difference in price is often shocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually always do the math too - but to have to shell out $17-$35 each time for a pack of razors usually puts my weekly grocery/supplies budget into shock and with razors, the prices are all pretty close as far as Walmart, Target, etc go. I just recently started using Costco, so figured I'd better calculate the price and see if I was willing to shell out $50 for a stock up purchase of them. Now I just gotta hope DH doesn't look at the huge supply and say "oh, I'll just put a new one in - I have lots!" LOL. I can just see him doing that - not using them as long as he did before, haha.

      Delete