Thursday, July 18, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

Today has turned into a GREAT day! My boss told me she was putting in the adjustment to my salary of $100 a month to make up for the lost side job income AND also giving me a raise at the same time, since apparently I was going to have a review next month anyway (I was not aware of this)..............another $5,000/yr on top of that! I am beyond happy to hear this news. So, now I will be up to $72,200 a year (with $1200 of that being what I used to earn from the side job) plus the other bigger side job I do of approximately $9000 a year, bringing me up to $81k a year. If we keep getting the 10% bonus, that will put me to almost $90k a year in income.

I'm literally jumping for joy at this news. Now I will be able to start contributing to my 401k plan again and take advantage of the 50% matching my company does. I haven't yet decided how much of it to contribute, but probably $150 a month and leave the other $200 (after taxes) for us to absorb into things we always need for our regular expenses, repairs, etc and could always use the extra money for each month.

7 comments:

  1. YIPPEE YAHOO!! Sounds like they KNOW what a dedicated employee you are! Glad they are rewarding you!
    Sock away as MUCH AS YOU CAN (even it it hurts) for that company match!! You'll be glad you did down the road!! We had the same and always put the MAXIMUM that they'd match in the plan. If you don't, you're letting money slide right through your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being recognized for all your hard work! 8-))
    Now don't tell the hubby you are getting extra $ in your paycheck....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on the raise. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is great news. Hopefully you can breathe a little easier now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!

    Susie Q - up until a few years ago (when the economy crashed and DH had to stop working) I was putting $300 a month in my 401k, then I had to stop contributing when we lost his income. Luckily at the same time my company also started doing a profit sharing deposit to our 401k of 3.4% of our annual income, so that has helped keep money going in there. I'm so glad to finally be able to start contributing again.

    Sluggy - I did actually think for a minute about not telling DH, LOL, but he needs all the good news he can get these days, so I told him :) Maybe that will take a little of the money stress off of him, too.

    ReplyDelete