Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Let there be light!

My property neighbor offered me a free used microwave, so I am going to take that :) I'll give it a try for awhile and see if we still feel the need for a toaster oven. I also got to meet the other new neighbor lady, the ones building down on the last lot. She has a cute little 14 month old boy.  She seems ok, but I can tell what DH was talking about. She seems kind of opinionated. She did say she really liked our shop colors and that we have good taste, LOL.

Our garage door openers got installed yesterday. Fancy things that we probably won't be able to figure out, haha. They have wi-fi even. Apparently you can just open them with your phone. All the shop lights got installed. DH is very happy with them and it was just what he was wanting, with the recessed lights


The septic system got the final approval and the county guy said it was the best system he's seen done. Gold star. The toilet and stuff works, though DH isn't too sure about the toilet as it doesn't flush very strong and he texted me he already clogged it up this morning (eek!) so that will have to be worked on.

Today the builder and his other guy are supposed to come and install the shakes on the gable ends of the shop.  The electrician is finishing up today or tomorrow.

I got the new quote on the flooring (I went to a different place last week, per builders recommendation) and this guy was $2000 cheaper than the other place. I am STILL waiting on the damn cabinet lady! You know, if you lost your files in your computer, then start over! Last week she told me she'd should have it by end of the week. Now it's Wednesday and still nothing. I emailed her again yesterday afternoon.

I'm feeling much better (still plan to get some vitamins though) but slept terrible last night as DH was snoring. He's hardly been snoring at all lately, which is good. I think it's because he's lost weight during all this the past few months. That's a good thing, though.

8 comments:

  1. Lack of sleep is a killer isn't it, but trouble is since I put on weight at menopause it's me that snores! So romantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH says I snore now sometimes too, when I never did before. Isn't getting old just so fun?!

      Delete
  2. Will you have to hang something over the garage windows while you're living in it to give you privacy at night? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yes, I think temporarily we'll just use some super cheap towels, but eventually DH is going to finish wrapping the windows in wood trim and we'll put up some blinds.

      Delete
  3. So nice and bright-and big! Hope the shop doesn't echo as that would not be a good thing when your hubby has a night of snoring! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does echo! I was noticing that when I went out there after work, but once all the stuff is stuffed in there, it probably won't be so bad, haha.

      Delete
  4. It looks absolutely great. You are getting there despite the slowness of contractors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. at least there has been progress every day now.

      Delete