Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Closed

We got our house sale closed today. Whew. One less thing on my plate to worry about. I didn't even realize our realtor was coming out to the closing. Our agent on our other house 2 years ago did not do that. Still waiting for the check for my proceeds. She said it should be this afternoon and will call me when I can come and pick up. I'll be rich again - for one day LOL. 95% of it is going as a payment to pay down our shop construction loan. I had just hoped it could get transferred directly to my bank account, but I guess not. Now I'll have to make a trip into the city to get it deposited.

Our realtor texted me last night, asking if I could go back to the house and leave a key hidden because his lockbox wasn't working and they needed a key this morning in order to do the walk-through. So, I ran into town this morning and dropped that off.  I guess his company switched to bluetooth lockboxes recently and these old type were supposed to work until the end of the month, so he didn't bother to replace it out, since we were closing before then.  Anyhow, I guess he got it to work, which I guess explains why he needed to come out here - he had to pick up  his box, anyway.

The framing on the house is slowly coming along. Only 2 guys working on it. So much for when the builder told us last month "I'm going to send a big crew and put it up fast".  Next week, his son, who heads the framing part, said he'll be bringing his camper trailer to stay in while he works. So, maybe at least work will get started before 9:30 or 10am then.

They are getting the floor joists started today




 This end of the house is the master bedroom and bath.

So far so good, with working at my desk in the shop. I can hear the construction a little, but it's no big deal. Just background noise. The internet here his working great. It's through the same telephone company we had in town, so I wasn't too worried about it.



9 comments:

  1. Great news! I am happy for you! Love seeing the progress of your new house! Looks like your pup is enjoying watching the crew work, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ya, I didn't see him in the picture. He loves being out there with them. The other dog spends his time outdoors trying to snap at all the bees! been keeping him inside more

      Delete
  2. OH YAY!!! One giant hurdle over!! Congratulations on closing-shop is up-and you are living there on site. Now build yourselves a house and I anticipate good things ahead.
    =^..^=looking forward to the journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I will be SO glad when this year is over LOL

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's exciting seeing the progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should have a sheeted sub floor by the end of today...that is if the framers ever show up. It's almost 9:30 and still not here, as usual, LOL

      Delete
  4. Clap clap clap clap clap for getting closed and paid! Now, send hiw words back to him about the crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure DH will manage to remind him of what he said, in some hinted fashion, haha.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your closing! Such a relief I know!

    ReplyDelete