Wednesday, October 4, 2017

September extra money update and helping mom again

Just before I left on my trip I finally got approved through Amazon M-Turk and Amazon Payments (that took a month to resolve) and then Monday I finally got credited my 2500 ($25) Swagbucks points! That one made me really happy, too, and I'm glad I persisted in emailing a half a dozen times or more about it.

I've taken to tracking some stats and dollars earned each month now. Here's September totals:

Credit score: increased one point to 732
401k - increased $1622 for Sept
Google adsense: $19.58
Swagbucks: $43.07 (I'm including the $25 I just got credited)
Debit card cash back: 15.09 (not sure why this was so low, it's always been at least $20)

Next month I hope to also add some M-Turk income. I only did it a little one day before I left and earned .80. Now I'll have to dig in and see if I can earn a little bit each month from it. I didn't earn as much as I could from Swagbucks as I hardly did anything with it last week, so it was really only for 3 weeks.

I started to do my weekly Walmart online order for things I regularly order when I get low on them. When I log in it shows a screen of items that I have ordered before. I have been ordering online for almost a year now and all the prices have been same as in-store. First thing I wanted to add was several boxes of Crystal Light on the Go tea packets. They are 10 packets to a box and usually about $2.50. The price this morning was showing as $5.08 per box! WTH?!! Then I looked at the prices of some of the other items I buy all the time. Usually a box of Carnation instant breakfast is $4.84 and is now $7.08. A can of  Del Monte green beans was now $2.08 instead of $.98. Almost all the items are higher priced. Whoa! I'm not even going to order at those ridiculous prices! Double the price on some items. I'll try Amazon or Target. I'll check back on prices in a week or two, but if that's what they are charging, then they just lost my business.

I got a call from my mom last night. She couldn't get into her bank or investment company online. (sigh....) so I said lets see if this TeamViewer will work. It took me a couple of minutes to get her to understand I was saying to close Firefox and get back to her desktop where the icon was. But, she got it open, gave me the numbers and I was able to get into her computer. Big relief! SOOOO much easier to just get it figured out by doing it myself. She was entering the new password we had set up wrong. The first letter was a capital letter and she was entering lower case. I was able to quickly do password resets and reminded her they both required a capital letter so she had to do the first letter only (just as I had written it down) as a capital letter. There is probably no way I would have been able to talk her through doing what I did over the phone, so TeamViewer was a big win for me!




7 comments:

  1. Glad you found a way to help your mom remotely! That is a win/win for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so much easier helping her that way and cut way down on my frustration level :)

      Delete
  2. A hint: I put notes by my notes. I would have put for me a note "Capital letter" and drawn a line to the letter! I just know me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should have done that! She was the one who picked out the password, so I assumed she understood, haha.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you persisted with both Amazon and Swagbucks! All these little amounts of extra $ do add up! Good, too, about now having a way to help your mom and also that you won't be scrambling to figure things out when she ultimately does need more help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost gave up, but I wasn't going to let Swagbucks off the hook, LOL. Yesterday was my first real day trying M-Turk. I earned $5.25 plus about another $2 pending.

      Delete
    2. Good for you! Certainly not a get rich quick thing, but it really does add up. I also like that once the funds are approved and paid, they can transferred daily. The payments have also very quick to hit my bank account.

      Delete