Monday, December 1, 2014

What a great start to Monday!

This is turning into a wonderful start to the day/week/month/year!!

I sent my side job my monthly invoice. I got an email back from the owner saying to also give myself a $500 Christmas bonus. Then I got an email saying be sure to gross it up, so it's $500 net of taxes. Then I got an email saying that starting in January to start paying myself a flat $1000 a month. I bill hourly, but it's always around $700-$750 a month. So, nice raise!! Then I got a very nice email saying they would be hard to replace me, so if I ever have plans to stop, let him know lots in advance, please. I emailed back that I have NO plans whatsoever to stop this side job. It works perfect for me. That gave me a nice piece of mind that I'll have this job for quite awhile down the road (it's already been 5 years). When I started doing it I figured it might last 2-3 years and eventually, as they grew, they'd want an in-house accountant/bookkeeper.  Glad this is working out on both ends, for more time to come!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is good news! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its wonderful that the both reward you monetarily and verbally by letting you know how much they appreciate you and how hard it would be to replace you. Most places do one or the other.

    As for the little bonus, I hope you sock it away for a rainy day. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is awesome! So great to be told you are appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete