Wednesday, July 2, 2014

DIY success

Thanks to Lena and her always creative DIY ideas, I bought a $5 can of brushed nickel spray paint.  I removed all the gold door pulls, cleaned them, and scrubbed them a bit with a scrub pad. I was looking out in our garage for 220 grit sandpaper, where DH had everything but, so I googled an alternative and came up with a basic scrub pad I already had underneath my sink.

This is the result:




Not bad and better than they were! $50 saved in not having to purchase drawer pulls, not to mention what I have (at least for the time being) saved on 2 new vanity light fixtures, that would probably have been at least $100 each.  At some time down the road, I will probably buy new ones, but for now the spray paint fix will do the trick.






4 comments:

  1. Nothing like a fresh coat of paint to make things look much newer and different! Good job on the DIY.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Testimony on how i got my LOAN.....

    My name is Paul Ferdinand, i am from Chicago USA, married, i have been searching for a genuine loan company for the past 3 months and all i got was bunch of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day, they took my money without giving anything in return, all my hope was lost, i got confused and frustrated,i find it very difficult to feed my family, i never wanted to have anything to do with loan companies on net, so went to borrow some money from a friend, i told him all that happened and he said he can help me, that he knows a loan company that can help me, that he just got a loan from them, he directed me on how to apply for the loan, i did as he told me, i applied, i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise i got the loan within 24 hours, i could not believe, i am happy and rich again and i am thanking God that such loan companies like this still exist upon this scams all over the places, please i advise everyone out there who are in need of loan to go for { lewisloancompany@yahoo.com } they will never fail, your life shall change as mine did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul.....you are NOT rich again. You are just more in debt and your English needs work. lolz

      Delete