Friday, July 25, 2014

Master bath done!

Here are pics of the master bath before:






 
See - I told you it SCREAMED 1980's manufactured home bathroom!! I think since most of the time I am in the bathroom first thing in the morning without my glasses on I can barely see anything so I was able to ignore if for all these years. LOL

So, here is the *almost finished master bath:


The carpeting left on the front facing of the garden tub is supposed to be replaced with tile and a plastic "access" door.  Also, the caps on the short walls coming out next to the shower and toilet are supposed to be capped with oak, instead of the old countertop material it still has on it. Excuse the little white spot next to the picture above the toilet.......dh had an oops hanging the picture and I haven't touched it up with paint yet.

But, other than what still needs to be finished we are thrilled with how it turned out! I didn't get a good before picture of the flooring, but half of the room (in front of the sinks and tub) was carpet and the other half was a light colored vinyl flooring, way past it's prime.



8 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! Much better - I am a not a fan of wallpaper personally, a good clean painted wall looks gorgeous! I never understood why the panel to access the plumbing on tubs were never a given. It seems to me that should be up to code or something. Same thing for shower plumbing. We had to cut into a wall in our bedroom to get access one time.

    I am sure you are relieved it is done. I think it was worth the wait! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There is an access panel, it's just a board covered in the carpeting and screwed in, but we wanted to get rid of the carpet altogether. We also had to cut a hole in our laundry room wall to access the shower plumbing. Stupid,

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, it looks so much better. The new vanity looks fantastic. Definitely paint over wallpaper any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I am so envious of the garden tub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job!! I'm so jealous because we have an 80's bathroom too. Probably, because our house was built in the 80's. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you are releived. We took about 4 months to completely finish our master bath and it was very frustrating. There is just something about having your own bathroom with your very own sink that makes life nice and convenient. We are now going to redo our other bathroom so the kids will be in here with us.

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing I noticed about your new bathroom was the wallpaper, which I love, and then the walk in shower. It looks fabulous. Having a new bathroom makes all the difference, We had a new bathroom fitted by a heating and plumbing service who did all of the hard work, so that we didn't have to do it ourselves.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete