Wednesday, July 30, 2014

She's got the world at her feet

DD went on a hike recently and one of her friends snapped this photo of her. I think it sums up her and her bright future to a T! She's on top of the world with wonderful and amazing opportunities ahead of her.  I'm glad I got to be a part of shaping the wonderful young woman she has become and even though DH and I have had some tough times emotionally and financially, we were able to raise this strong, smart and beautiful person!

So far, at almost 19 years old, she just seems to have breezed through life easily. Don't get me wrong. She works hard. Hard at school, hard at tennis, hard at work. But it all just seems to come easy for her. Now, shortly, she will be off to college and all the new experiences that will come into her life. I have no doubt she will breeze through that too :-)

I think she's found one of the keys to success.....planning ahead! She knew when she was 7 or 8 what kind of car she would get at 16 (and she did). She knew when she was in 8th grade she would get her AA degree while in high school (and she did). She's known for several years which college she would attend (and she is). Her most recent "planning ahead" is to live and work in her college town after she gets her degree.  Most likely she will, too.  It's a wonderful town and would be a great place to live and have a family.

This morning I dropped her off at the airport for her first "on her own" trip. So grown up now....but I think she still needs her mom just a bit.....first she had to run back in the house because she forgot her boarding pass and then as we are getting out of the car at the airport I see her wallet in the console.
I dropped her off at security checkpoint and then waited in my car until she texted me that she made it through :)

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot to be proud of, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great but also so tough on a mom, big hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How proud you must feel! Deservedly too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really comes through in your posts how close you are.

    ReplyDelete