Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Friday computing

I finally got my new computer for my home office yesterday! Our IT guy had ordered it from Dell, so it took about 10 days to get. It actually came in last Friday, but I was not in the office and yesterday was my first day back in the office since then.  I thought our IT guy was going to install the memory card reader he had to order separately and get the remote connection all set to go before I took it home, but it appears he really didn't do anything but take it out of the box and give it to me.  So....I sit here this morning, only able to access my emails and not my whole desktop, waiting for him to email me that he's in the office so I can call him and get this remote connection set up.

My personal IT guy - Ds - will need to copy all my programs and files over from my old computer, hopefully he finds time to do that today.  I miss all my Firefox settings, links, and favorites!  I have a feeling this isn't going to be much of a productive day for actual work getting done. 

For a very short work week (I had taken Tuesday off, too) this sure has been a long drawn out week!


2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your Dell computer. We honestly had such a hard time with them, especially with customer service. I will never buy another Dell anything. But maybe it just wasn't our luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't have any problems! Since my employer paid for it, I guess I can't complain too much of what kind it is. My previous desktop was a Lenovo and it lasted quite awhile - almost 7 years. From all this new one has on it, my son said it's got all the "good stuff". It cost the company about $1000, which is WAY more than I would've spent if I had to buy one myself.

    ReplyDelete