Friday, January 13, 2012

Pay Day!

Today is payday, so I am starting a new 1/2 month period on the January budget.  The first half went pretty well.  I ended up being $65 over budget on groceries, but as previously posted I did get started on stocking up on some sale items and am really hoping my 2nd half of this month reflects that (though I'm not holding my breath!) I was $40 under budget on gas for the cars, which rarely happens and only happened because I got to stay home and work the week between Christmas and New Years.  I was over $30 budgeted for take out (ACK!) and over $15 on home repairs (darn toilet seats!).  I was also under $30 on Ds's textbooks.

My EF is sitting at $1022 (got lowered a bit by giving Dh some money to buy that shop table) but I am on track to make another deposit at the end of this month, after I see what is left.  It just feels so nice to have that $1000 in savings in case something comes up.  I'm looking forward to seeing how well I can stay on budget for this pay period.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great!

    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully since you stocked up in the first half of the month it'll keep the budget lower for the 2nd half of the month! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping you stay on/under budget. It's always great when that happens!

    ReplyDelete