Monday, January 2, 2012

Just rambling.....

It was so nice having today off work.  I got a chance to sleep in a bit.  Got the kids bathroom cleaned and then helped dh replace the old wooden toilet seat that had broken from it's hardware.  Then just now realized the toilet seat in our master bath has done the same thing! So, guess I will be buying another toilet seat - or possibly I may just be able to get only the hardware on this one - the seat is fine. I'll have to swing in the hardware store on my way home from work tomorrow and see if I can just buy the hardware to attach the seat to the toilet. I emptied the dishwasher, tidied up the kitchen, dusted around the house and then sat down and read on my Nook for awhile, than took a short nap (still not making any headway on the exhaustion yet).  There is currently a meatloaf baking in the oven and along with that we will have green beans, applesauce and crescent rolls.  Plus, I love meatloaf sandwiches from the leftovers.  Dh will eat that for lunch, if available.

We had a nice quiet New Year's Eve at home.  Watched a movie with Dh and Dd, then watched some regular tv and I even managed to stay up until midnight. I haven't done that in years. We went and got Chinese takeout but since there was just the 3 of us I was able to just get one meal, so our whole dinner only cost $11.48.  A good deal in my book.

I haven't been up to the office to work since December 20th! Tomorrow I'll be back at the office and no more holiday's off until Memorial Day.  That always seems like a long wait to me.  Might have to sneak in a couple of vacation days between now and then :-).  Our weather has been quite warm the past couple of weeks, near 50 degrees during the days, so I am hoping that will make a big difference on the heating bill.  It's nice we've been having a mild winter. 

I did get  my "immediate" goals accomplished last week.  Took the old clothes and stuff to Goodwill (and I now have more room in my closet), but forgot to take the lamp - darn it!  We got all the decorations and outside lights down, so the house is back to normal.  I found some new jeans at Ross and they were only $10! I had budgeted $20 for jeans so that kind of covered the unexpected $10 toilet seat purchase (though now I probably have another one to buy).  

I'm slowly working on the stockpile.  I got 2 bottles of the Pantene shampoo I use for $1 ea and tomorrow I am going to stop at Safeway to pick up 2 boxes of detergent they have on sale when you buy 2 - and I found a $1 off coupon online, so I printed out 2. I can get 2 of the 120-load powders for $7.99 each. This deal is good for 10 days, so I should probably print off a couple more coupons from one of our other computers and stop in another time and get more.  Dh does the laundry and he's brand loyal to his Surf detergent.  I think the cheapest I usually get it, at Walmart, is $10.99.


2 comments:

  1. It takes quite a while before the exhaustion goes away from what I gather. My mom had, and beat cancer around 1 1/2 years ago and she still gets exhausted. Don't overdo it, listen to your body! It still needs to heal. ((hugs))

    Great deal on the jeans!! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I'm not really sure what causes me to be so tired, but I'm pretty sure my crappy diet has a lot to do with it. I know my car accident from almost 5 years ago didn't help the situation any, but I was tired a lot before that.

    ReplyDelete