Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Let it snow!

I'm working from home again today.  We got a bit more snow last night and I could've made it to work but I really have a scare of getting stuck 30-40 miles from home since we don't know for sure when the next snow is coming. BUT, they are predicting 12 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow - we haven't have snow like that in almost 20 years!  So, I'm assuming tomorrow my office will be closed and I will have the day off all snug in my home.  At least I'm hoping that's what happens :-)

I only spent about $6 yesterday and had Ds stop and get some more milk when he went to pick up his girlfriend to bring her over for the sledding fun.  Dh was pulling the kids, and neighbor kids, around with a quad.  We almost spent $30 on a big truck inner tube but right after Ds left to go get it from the tire place our neighbor called back and said he had 2 tubes, so I got a hold of ds before he got to the tire store and he came back home.  I was ok to spend the money since I'm not spending any money on gas to get to work and we so rarely get snow like this.  They had fun, until the few inches of snow we had wore down to the rocks in our driveway and popped one of the tubes.  With our acre + and our neighbors 1 1/2 acres to one side, there was plenty of room for Dh to pull and slide them around.

I've got a pork roast and veggies in the crockpot and will get some bread baking in the bread machine soon. It always smells so good! Tomorrow's dinner plan is just tomato soup and grilled cheese.  If the weather is still undrive-able on Thursday, (dh's weekly take out night) he'll just have to have something from the pantry and freezer, since I really didn't plan a home-cooked meal for Thursday.  I think I have stuff to make spaghetti - that sounds yummy and we haven't had that in quite a while.

I started working at my desk at 6:30 this morning, so at least I can knock off by 2:30 or so.  With dinner already basically made, I plan to snuggle into the recliner with my Nook and read and stay warm.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been tubing in years, but it is crazy fun!!! lol! Enjoy your night, it sounds perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't join in the tubing, darn. I was afraid I'd mess up my already messed up back :-( Even Dd said her back was a bit sore after the bumpy rides. But it was fun watching them and taking pictures and videos.

    ReplyDelete