Sunday, January 1, 2012

Couponing frustrations

I just can't seem to get into a rhythm with coupons and store deals lately.  I have been couponing for years now but the past couple of months has just been annoying.  Every time I try to use coupons or attempt to get a deal with store rewards something goes wrong.  Today, for instance, I pay $2 for a newspaper and it is missing the Red Plum inserts.  The deals I am trying to work list what insert the coupon is in - I go to find them in my stack of inserts and my inserts do not seem to have the coupons.  I never used to have this problem and my newspaper is from a major city paper.

Then I go to RiteAid to take advantage of the $20 UP Reward when you spend $100 in participating items.  According to several coupon blogs I read regularly, the Visa Vanilla $100 card, with $5.95 activation fee qualifies.  There was even a sign at the display of the Visa Vanilla gift card stating this!  So, for $105.95 I get a $100 Visa gift card and a $20 UP Reward coupon to use on future purchase at Rite Aid (a $14.05 Money Maker).  But, NO $20 UP reward prints out on my receipt. GRRRR!! The manager had no idea why and corporate office was closed when she tried to call.  I give up!  It's getting disheartening to spend so much time trying to find these deals and then either the coupons did not come in my inserts or the deal just doesn't work right for some reason.

4 comments:

  1. I called and had them bring my coupons out the last two times they didnt put them in. But I agree its getting harder to coupon.

    I dont shop at rite aid much since I find most of my bargains at CVS but I would call them and find out why

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wasted my time too with coupon deals that didn't pan out. I blame these shows like 'Extreme Couponing' for putting the kibosh on what was once a great way to save money. When you see people running around a grocery store, emptying the shelves of bottles of mustard and ketchup so that they can food hoard, it stands to reason that coupon restrictions and other problems are going to become more prevalent. I used to grocery shop with coupons all the time but not now because the store I shop at will only take a max of two coupons per item and will not take printed internet coupons at all. The newspaper coupon inserts are not as good at saving me money as they once were IMO and that's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad! :( I only use the rare coupon and don't even bother with points cards, etc..most of the time. I find they're more trouble than they're worth! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did call RiteAid Corporate customer service this morning and was told they will have to mail me my $20 UP Reward coupon since it didn't print out like it should have. So, at least it's being resolved and I did manage to get 2 Pantene shampoos yesterday for $1 each, which is a great deal.

    ReplyDelete