Friday, August 23, 2024

Today is a better day, plus it's Friday :)

I received another shipping update last night on dh's new computer. It's shipped overnight and supposed to deliver today. I check tracking this morning and I'll be surprised if it shows up. It got to a city about 3 1/2 hours drive from our nearest city's FedEx hub, at 6am this morning. Why would it go there (from Texas), 3 1/2 hours north of the city nearest us? So, I'm highly doubting it's going to get out to us today, by the time it gets on the road back down to the FedEx distribution at our city and then loaded on a truck and out to us. We'll see, I guess.

My knee is feeling much better today, so far. I've made it up (twice) and down (once) the stairs with no pain. But, I'm still trying to be very careful and not aggravate it. I need to go up and down our stairs too many times a day to have my knee hurting. Not to mention I wouldn't want to have to deal with that on our cruise. I told myself yesterday, if it's not better as the cruise gets closer, I will go in and see if they would give me a cortisone shot. I've had that in my back before (after my car accident) and while the first shot didn't help, the doctor then gave me a 2nd shot and it worked wonders. That constant pain went away and never returned.

While I was writing all this out (and then went downstairs to make breakfast real quick) I came back to my desk with an email that the computer is actually out for delivery on the truck. I guess I was wrong! I think when it comes, I will bring it up to my desk, just hook it up to one of my monitors and get it set up from my desk. That will go much smoother than me trying to sit at his desk (plus I hate his chair, LOL) and he can continue to use his current computer until I have this new one ready to go and just plug in and go. I am hoping that the web browser he uses, I can transfer all his favorites and it will also save his logins and passwords. I think Edge will at least let me import his saved websites, I just need to figure out how to do it.



1 comment:

  1. I forgot about your cruise in relation to knee pain. Sometimes, being careful about not pivoting and staying off anything slanted is all I need. Husband is lucky to have you do his computer work. I have to take mine somewhere to set up a new computer.

    ReplyDelete