Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Torn

I have to go buy a new set of bed sheets and I am not very happy about it. I don't think I've had this current set much more than a year and they have already totally ripped across the bottom area! I got these sheets at Target, so not super high quality, but they were their "luxury" highest priced sheets and sure should have lasted longer than a year.  They were the Fieldcrest Luxury Egyptian cotton 600 count sheets and for the king size set I think I spent about $70 (I remember they were on sale at the time).  I really liked these, too, they were nice and I liked the elastic on the sides along with the little tag that said "side" LOL.

Poo!! I guess I'll try finding some at Kohl's.  Better see what kind of coupon I can find to use there. I really wasn't planning to spend a bunch of money on sheets right now. At least I have an old old set I can put on for now until I can combine a sale and coupon.  It looks like Kohl's is only having a buy one get one for a $1 sale going on right now and I really don't want to spend $150, even if I will get 2 sets out of it. The best coupon I can find is only 15% off.  I'll have to think on this and will probably wait for a better sale.

I have a $100 Target gift card (a Christmas gift from my boss) that I am trying to figure out what I want to buy with it, but I don't want to use it on sheets, if their sheets are that crappy of quality, so I guess I'll be spending out of pocket for a new set of sheets. I really hate buying sheets - you can't really tell what they will feel like until they are washed and they are so expensive.  

UPDATE:  Well, it's been 2 years ago that I bought these sheets! Boy time files!  I remembered that I bought these when I bought the duvet cover, which was purchased on Amazon. I looked through my old orders and it was January 2013 and then I found this post I made about the sheets:

http://onefamilyoneincome.blogspot.com/2013/01/sweet-dreams.html

I don't feel quite so bad now that they have worn out - I did use these sheets the whole time (because I liked the color and feel) and only paid $50 for them on sale.  They weren't the brand I mentioned above - they are the Target Threshold brand. I'm still on the fence of what to replace them with. I am about to pull the trigger on an organics set on Amazon for $89 (less a $5 gift card I have available) but I might revisit the idea of using my Target gift card to replace this set with the same or maybe 2 sets.  Or.......even better...the top sheet is still good. I might try to find as close as color in just the bottom fitted sheet and then buy a 2nd full set so I can rotate.  Stay tuned.......LOL

8 comments:

  1. The 15% off is only for online orders only too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right :( I think I'll be waiting for a better store coupon or looking at other stores sales too.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I am new to your blog, but have been following for a few weeks. I have 2 pottery barn sets that are at least 4 years old, if not older, and they are just fine. They don't shrink much, are very deep to fit my very thick mattress, and I love them. Don't recall what they cost, but we don't use a flat top sheet, (I know weird, but I was not brought up with them and my husband hates the top sheet anyway). So I only purchased the individual fitted sheet, which they sell separately. Less expensive too! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to buy sheets too. I have the same Target sheets and love them. I am down to just that one set because my other set ripped, but they were probably 5 yrs old.

    I think the key with sheets is having at least 2 or 3 sets so they don't get as worn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking the same thing about having at least 2 to rotate and not wear as quickly. That's probably my problem. I bought this more expensive set and have just been only using it because I like it and the color......but I still think it should have lasted longer than a year!

      Delete
  4. We got some nice satin sheets for xmas, omg they feel so good to sleep on, get some of those?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've always just used the cheap sheets that come in the bed in a bag. Over the years I've received a couple bed in the bag sets as gifts and all of the sheets have lasted a few years so far. I've never bought sheets separately. I wonder what type of sleeping experience I'm missing out on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years past I always just bought the cheapest I could find. This torn set was my first purchase of a higher priced sheet set. I could definitely tell the difference in feel. I can only imagine what the $200+ ones feel like, LOL!

      Delete