Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back to dark blonde

I finally got off my butt and colored my hair last night. I had purchased the wrong box of color right before Thanksgiving. I meant to get the Clairol Foam and got the regular Clairol....which is drippy and hard for me to do and never turned out very well. So, I've gone almost 2 months past when I should have colored my hair! It really wasn't looking too bad. I was tempted to grow it out and see just how much white there is, but I couldn't take it anymore, so I ran to Target and picked up some of the foam type and got it done. Plus, I just got it cut last Friday, so it was a good time to color. Target had all of the Clairol foam on clearance for $4.88. Which probably means it's going to be discontinued? And I had no coupons! I looked online before I left and there was a $3 coupon from the inserts, but I didn't have it.

Which brings me to couponing. My mom has stopped taking the Sunday paper, since she spends most weekends at her boyfriends place. I don't take the Sunday paper because every time I tried it was a total pain. The papers were wet. When I complained about that they would throw it at the front door to try and get it under the covered part and at 6am on Sunday mornings it would slam against our screen door - waking everyone in the house up. Another time I tried to have it delivered (after they finally started putting the papers in plastic), it was just noisy hearing them come into our gravel driveway at 6am and turn around. I don't like getting up at 6am on Sundays! And at that time I was able to get both my mom and grandma's coupons from their papers.

Now, I'm trying to decide the best way to keep getting them. They are $2 at every store within a mile from me. There is a store about 3 miles that sells them for $1. Plus, I don't always go out on Sundays and when I do, half the time I forget to pick up a paper. I see you can buy whole inserts online, but they are usually more than the $2 I would spend for the paper. But, I'm really missing out on some savings by not getting the inserts every week. I need to figure out how I want to start getting them.

4 comments:

  1. I have been wondering how the foam type worked. Thanks for sharing. I dye my hair every 8 weeks or so. That means ignoring the gray hair for a while. For some stupid reason all the gray hair frames my face and I have none at the back. Wish they were at the back. That way, I could have ignored it for much longer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The foam is super easy, compared with the regular boxed dyes. Just keep squeezing the foam out and adding it to hair, it ends up kind of like a shampoo almost, so I get better coverage than when I tried to do the regular, drippy, kind myself.

      Delete
  2. Have you considered one of those mailbox-type boxes? Some people in the neighborhood have them, and they're painted/colored by newspaper, so the newspaper delivery persons know what goes where (or they just shove them all in the same place... whatever). That would be another alternative to consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given that some thought, especially now that we have a fence/gate. I could just put the box out on the fence. Our mailbox is down the street in a group mailbox thing, so there wouldn't be any confusion

      Delete