Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mid weekend update

I took Thursday and Friday off to make it a nice long weekend. I'm so excited that I still have today and tomorrow left! I've spent most of the days off laboring, but oh well.  The kitchen floor cleaning project is finally complete.  Boy, ammonia is nasty smelling stuff, but it sure works.  I got the house vacuumed and several spots on the carpet spayed and cleaned up.  All the inside windows are clean now.

We went and purchased a larger bird cage for our parakeet, so he seems a lot happier now, not banging on his cage anymore, which was driving us crazy. But, it's quite large - I think he needs a buddy now :)

Friday I got my annual physical out of the way for another year. My only issue was a small patch of dry scaly skin on my back shoulder area.  The doctor prescribed some type of cream or ointment and she said she would send the prescription over to my pharmacy, along with the refill of my heart medicine. I got over to the pharmacy that evening and they only had the heart medicine prescription, no skin medicine. Oh brother.  It was too late to call the doctor's office, so now I'll have to wait until Tuesday.

I saved myself from spending $50.  When we got our new bed and mattress set a few years ago I bought new sheets to go with it. Nice cream colored soft sheets. Well, somehow it got a hole in the fitted sheet on Dh's side and him moving his legs around just kept making it bigger, before I had a chance to try and sew it up so it would last a little while longer. I had only bought one set - as on wash day I just take them off and wash and then remake my bed. I don't alternate sheet sets (probably because after spending all the money on the bed and mattress set I didn't have money for 2 sets!). I thought I was going to have to buy another set or at least a fitted sheet because I was thinking that the reason I had bought this set in the first place was because this mattress was thicker and my old king size set wouldn't fit.  It's hard to find just a fitted sheet for sale and the one's I did find were almost as much money as the whole set.  The cheapest set I could find, in what I wanted, was $50 with tax. I really didn't want to spend $50 right now, what with all the prescription and doctor bills expenses I have right now.  I decided to take a look at the 2 old sets in my linen closet and see if one of them would work. Yep, no problem. The mattress isn't the really deep kind, so these work fine. I  remember now the reason I bought the new set was because I just plain hated the old set! White with blue stripes and not very soft. Oh well, they will make do fine for at least a few months, until I can afford a new set that I want.

Dd is liking her new hostess job and gets her first paycheck on Wednesday. She also gets some tips from the servers for helping and she is really liking that. She has decided that all tip money will be saved, so I think that is a good plan.  She will probably average about $40 a weekend in tips.  The only thing I don't like about this job is that they don't do the week's schedule in advance, so she won't even find out until later this evening if she is supposed to work tomorrow morning! Very stupid, in my opinion. How hard would it be to do up a schedule a week in advance, so employees have a little notice of when they are working? I haven't gotten used to her being gone so much yet on the weekends. I miss my shopping buddy! But, I must admit yesterday morning having the house all to myself was so nice. She was at work and the guys were off to watch a race.  I haven't had the house to myself for quite awhile.  I turned on some old classic rock and cleaned house.




3 comments:

  1. I'm with you.......I LOVE my alone time! I'm so much more productive when the hubby is out of the house - his retirement has sure mixed things up for me - but oh well, I just go with the flow!

    Glad the daughter is liking her job!

    ENJOY your LABOR-LESS Day!!

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh have you heard of www.freecycle.org? Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of it, but I've never checked it out and always forget to look into it!

      Delete