Friday, March 12, 2010

Decluttering contined

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been slowly decluttering little areas around the house.  I've also been doing this quietly and not bringing attention of it to the other's that cohabit this house.  Well, it must be rubbing off.  The other day Dh decided it was time for "round 3" in parting with some more of Ds's trophy collection.  Round One was 2 years ago and Round 2 was a year ago!  We're talkin' ALOT of trophies and what's mostly been left this past year are the BIG ones.  I'm talkin' some as tall as me, like 50 or more of them!  We have a big family room (that we don't really use other than my desk area and Ds's drafting table) but those things still are taking up probably close to 25% of the rooms floor space.

They are Ds's trophies, but Dh is the one who is sentimental about them and has had such a hard time parting with them.  We pulled off all the plates and placques on them signifying the wins and I took a picture. They did manage to weed out 20 of them that we will recycle to a kids organization.  These 20 alone probably take up a 3 or 4 square foot area on the floor!  And we had 2 extra tv's in this room (a 13 in and a 19 in) that aren't used, so we have listed them on craigslist.

We also have a large dog crate (42x29) in one corner of the room, that our spoiled, lovable dog rarely uses, only when he has to be home alone, which is like hardly ever, since Dh doesn't get out of the house much.  So we decided to collapse it and will just fold it out when we need to use it.  Now, if I could just get Ds to get rid of the weight bench he never uses, this room will look a little more usable, rather than just a catch all for stuff.

One of these days, I'll get my desk decluttered :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment