Friday, April 19, 2013

Enjoying the day

I took yesterday off as a vacation day since it was DS's first full day back at home. Once he slept in and got a bit adjusted from the time change and jet lag of a 20 hour flight we had a nice afternoon and evening yesterday. He puts his dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher now. I turned on the dishwasher last evening as there was no room for the dinner dishes mess.  I got up this morning to the dishwasher emptied and the dirty dishes cleaned up! I think an imposter came home in his place :-)

I got up this morning to have my usual work from home Friday to get an email from my boss to also take today off - no charge to my vacation time and enjoy a long weekend! How nice is that?! DS was already awake and we sat in his room for over an hour having a nice long talk. While he's excited to be home he's also feeling the pressure of "what do I do with my life now" decisions.  It was nice to have some one on one time with just him and me.  But, he's off to visit a friend and then spend the rest of the day with his girlfriend, so I'm just fiddling around the house, waiting for DD to get home from school.

I have a few overripe bananas so I'm going to make some banana bread. It's more bananas than I need and I just discovered you can freeze mashed bananas! I totally did not know this! I don't know how many ripe bananas I've thrown out over the years because I didn't get time to make banana bread with them!


2 comments:

  1. So glad the son is home and settling back in! I'm sure you'll be on cloud 9 for awhile!

    Too funny - I, too, just realized you can FREEZE dark bananas!! They really dark ones make the BEST banana bread! I'm making some this weekend, too! So good with a cup of coffee in the morning! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I throw yucky bananas in the freezer all the time :) So glad to hear DS is back home, & it sounds like you had a great time catching up. And what a nice boss you have!

    ReplyDelete