Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekly Meal Planning

I always plan out a menu of dinners for the week before I go grocery shopping.  I do the bulk of my shopping at the Super Walmart and also scan the Albertson's and Safeway ads for really good deals.  This week's Albertson's ad has a free 2 ltr Dr Pepper today, Franz bread for $1.29, shredded cheese for $1, and Soup and Hand (I like to take these for my lunch at work) for $1.  I'll be stopping by there today, along with a stop at the library to pick up a book on hold for me.  Other than that we are just going to enjoy this beautiful sunny, near 60 degree day!

Though I don't always stick to it (we do fast food way too often) this is what I planned and purchased for this week:
Spaghetti, french bread, and jello
Steak, baked potato, applesauce and rolls (Dd doesn't like steak, so she will fend for herself - typically french toast or a microwave meal)
Hamburgers
Chili
French Dip Sandwiches
Swedish meatballs w/rice, applesauce and rolls
Chicken and rice casserole, jello and rolls

Last night was supposed to be the french dip sandwiches, but dh wanted Wendy's hamburgers. He ended up having that, Dd and I had eggrolls, and Ds had hot pockets.  Tonight's plan is for spaghetti, which I usually have leftovers that I can take to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment