Saturday, October 26, 2024

Saturday, spreadsheets, and scratchy throats

It figures that the first morning I finally am able to wake up at my normal time - it's on a Saturday. LOL. Oh well, my cup of coffee is near and I've got the heat on upstairs, getting it warm. Since getting sick, dh has been sleeping in pretty late, so I have a few quiet hours each morning. I've also been eating very bland dinners, along with him, and boy that's getting old. But, I don't feel like making 2 different meals, either.

Last night my throat started feeling a bit scratchy. Ugh. I'm so tired of this. It's still feeling the same, kind of like when you first start noticing you are probably getting a cold.

I've been working on a spreadsheet list of all the construction costs that we paid out of pocket, so that I make sure I have our cost basis, including that and the land, if we ever had to sell our home. (If dd inherits it, her cost basis will be the FMV at the time of inheriting). Plus, post construction, we've added a lot that would be included in the cost basis: paving, fencing, sod/lawn, chicken coop/shed, etc. I kept track of most of it back then, but between a full and p/t job and the chaos/stress of building I just let the organization of it all get away from me. I think now that I don't have much in the way of side jobs, I have more time to finally get to this project.

I just looked at my informed delivery for mail today - well well well - guess what finally showed up. Looks like a billing for that additional sprinkler system we added last July. Good grief! I'm going to be so mad if it's more than I have set aside for it. 

Looks like it's going to be a sunny day out and mid 60's. Better enjoy it today, as next week the high is going to be low 40's all week. I need to do upstairs dusting and vacuuming today. And I really need to get all the papers on my desk cleaned up. DH decided to do the burning of debris (stuff fallen from a couple of big wind storms this summer) and the scrap wood, so I had to report online we were doing a burn, on our burn permit for the year. I had this permit on my desk, in this vertical file folder, since he last burned last spring....and it wasn't there. What the heck! Finally, I found it on my desk under mail and other crap - I think last week when dh said he was going to burn again soon, I took it out of the vertical file and set it on my desk. Glad I found it, that made it easier to get online (I had to have my permit number to sign in) and report we were doing a burn.


No comments:

Post a Comment