Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Prime Day and what am I forgetting?

I had a few items in my Amazon cart Monday evening, but hadn't ordered yet. Glad I didn't. I forgot about the Amazon Prime deals starting yesterday. DH wanted some DeWalt saw blades and by waiting 12 hours, I saved 44% on them! I was also going to order a can of chocolate protein powder to try (because the kind I tried and liked from Walmart apparently isn't being made now anymore) and it was like 22% off. Then I decided I'd better check on a few things I buy every so often and also saved on kitchen garbage bags, Miralax (amazon brand) and omeprazole.  Then last night I thought of a couple of other things to check the prices on and said I'll look them up in the morning. Now for the life of me I can't remember what they were.

I was messaging with my boss in the morning. She said it was raining there and I said it was nice and sunny and going to be 75 at my house. She said take the afternoon off - enjoy the nice day. So I did! First thing I did was take a short nap, haha. Then later in the afternoon I went into the small grocery store in town for a few things to tide us over. Milk, bread, lunch meat, etc. I was in shock that they had some donuts left at that time of day. They might typically have a few, but never maple bars and they had 2 maple bars and several other kinds. These donuts are always so fresh and delicious. I got dh a maple bar and myself a glazed. I also picked up some chicken and waffle fries from their deli and that's what we had for dinner. With donuts for dessert. I haven't gotten anything from the deli in quite awhile and we always get the baked chicken instead of the fried. But this time the only baked chicken they had was smothered in bbq sauce, so I had to go with the fried.

I forgot about Monday being a bank/federal holiday, so I guess I have to do payroll today and not tomorrow, as I thought. Good thing our payroll company sends me an email reminder of when payroll is due, LOL. We have a new hourly employee who started like 3 weeks ago. When I did last payroll they hadn't clocked in with our timecard system. My boss said she talked to him about it last payroll. I just realized he still is not clocking in. What the heck?! LOL. It's not that hard to do/figure out.


3 comments:

  1. We had time cards at my very first job as a teen, the ones you put in the machine then get stamped on the way in and again on the way out. I can’t tell you how many people (mostly other teens) constantly forgot to do one or the other! Smart people, too! It must have driven the manager crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Meg B. Sheesh, talk about forgetting things. I always forget I show up anonymous on this device!)

      Delete
    2. it's really annoying LOL. I remember the old days of those time clock machines with the cards. Nowadays they just log into it from their computer. Plus, our system has options for them to add notes, so say if they forget (and they can see they forgot because they can see their in/out times) they could just add a note that I could see and fix. But, no...I have to message them all the time LOL. And these aren't teens haha - fully capable adults, many with college degrees haha

      Delete